Genuinely !! How would we react ? A wee Fantasy

Celtic Ghostie

Pep sacked by Man City and we recruit him for the ten. we are out of the Champions League ,lost N'tcham and Ajer and Christie's on the verge. He has a scarce budget, he's analysed the squad, considered the talent available bought Duffy and Benkovitch and THIS IS HIS TEAM to build Celtics future
Hazzard

Biton Duffy Benkovitch

Frimpong Turnbull Soro McGregor Connell

Harper Edouard

Subs Elyonoussi, Ajeti, Klimala, Christie, Broonie, El Hamed, Julienne, Barkas

We play gorgeous free flowing energetic football but draw three games and lose two from the first twelve fixtures. Pep justifies this by saying we have all this precious young talent who WILL grow into a great team. How many games will Pep get before we're screamin' " Get that Paella muncher tae f*ck " ?? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

A bit of fun, but here is the serious question. We have lost three smashing young talents already this season to Man City and the Bundesliga and wee Dembele's next. Is it OUR demand for instant success that's preventing them from getting a chance ??

Last edited:
Is it OUR demand for instant success that's preventing them from getting a chance ??
Tbf Ultra , this is a season like no other not exactly the best of times to be bringing in the young bhoys. There is the cups where we could give them that chance but many of the first team cant get a game either. Weve paid a lot of money for our bench and it's time to let them show us why they are here. I mean look at bayo, he looked for all the world a decent striker who could cut it in our physical league with his combative style. Injuries played a part but I'm still stunned hes gone. We couldve done with him the other night. Shved , apparently struggling to come to terms with the culture and language. I dont care about that put them on the park and they will understand everything just fine. We are buying players and moving them on ten a penny without them getting a real chance. HH

Tbf Ultra , this is a season like no other not exactly the best of times to be bringing in the young bhoys. There is the cups where we could give them that chance but many of the first team cant get a game either. Weve paid a lot of money for our bench and it's time to let them show us why they are here. I mean look at bayo, he looked for all the world a decent striker who could cut it in our physical league with his combative style. Injuries played a part but I'm still stunned hes gone. We couldve done with him the other night. Shved , apparently struggling to come to terms with the culture and language. I dont care about that put them on the park and they will understand everything just fine. We are buying players and moving them on ten a penny without them getting a real chance. HH
Totally agree with you Winter but the loss of very talented young players in what is starting to become a steady stream is a real cause for concern exacerbated by the fact that I think this virus is going to linger long enough to seriously damage the economics of the game for much longer than expected whereupon we may compelled promote graduates from academies

Totally agree with you Winter but the loss of very talented young players in what is starting to become a steady stream is a real cause for concern exacerbated by the fact that I think this virus is going to linger long enough to seriously damage the economics of the game for much longer than expected whereupon we may compelled promote graduates from academies
CU, that is a great point that is often overlooked in this current era of buying high.

The full financial implications of Coronavirus are still yet to fully hit. This time next year, there will be quite a few clubs feeling the full effect and maybe now is the time to start planning ahead.

Not necessarily by throwing the colteens into the deep end, but at least by loaning them out and hoping they may benefit us (indirectly) in the long term.

Okoflex, Dembele and any other number of young players need to test their mettle. It can only help us if they get regular game time, potentially hurt the huns, then come back first-team ready to help the assault for XI, XII (ad infinitum)

CU, that is a great point that is often overlooked in this current era of buying high.

The full financial implications of Coronavirus are still yet to fully hit. This time next year, there will be quite a few clubs feeling the full effect and maybe now is the time to start planning ahead.

Not necessarily by throwing the colteens into the deep end, but at least by loaning them out and hoping they may benefit us (indirectly) in the long term.

Okoflex, Dembele and any other number of young players need to test their mettle. It can only help us if they get regular game time, potentially hurt the huns, then come back first-team ready to help the assault for XI, XII (ad infinitum)
Agreed though I wouldnt send them all out in Scotland the hammer throwers would finish dembele in no time. Some to Scottish clubs others abroad or England

Pep sacked by Man City and we recruit him for the ten. we are out of the Champions League ,lost N'tcham and Ajer and Christie's on the verge. He has a scarce budget, he's analysed the squad, considered the talent available bought Duffy and Benkovitch and THIS IS HIS TEAM to build Celtics future
Hazzard

Biton Duffy Benkovitch

Frimpong Turnbull Soro McGregor Connell

Harper Edouard

Subs Elyonoussi, Ajeti, Klimala, Christie, Broonie, El Hamed, Julienne, Barkas

We play gorgeous free flowing energetic football but draw three games and lose two from the first twelve fixtures. Pep justifies this by saying we have all this precious young talent who WILL grow into a great team. How many games will Pep get before we're screamin' " Get that Paella muncher tae f*ck " ?? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

A bit of fun, but here is the serious question. We have lost three smashing young talents already this season to Man City and the Bundesliga and wee Dembele's next. Is it OUR demand for instant success that's preventing them from getting a chance ??

1598624847544.png

Back