Glastonbury - Gigs

Smelltheg-love

So another Glasto is upon us... looks like a fairly decent line up this year..

We've had music threads, but canni remember a gig thread yet, so finest gigs attended/funny stories...
Pre-kids, i would go all over Europe to see gigs, saw almost everybody l'd like to
i always took the view, see the oldies first, they'll not be around forever

but instead, I'll take the opporchancity to mention that i've had tickets to see the thin white duke twice, but still not seen him, not much chance of that now.....

rather than keep it short, i'll go the long way..... anybody remember Britannia Music Club, aye 5 CD's for a tenner and then a monthly CD sent.
So signs up, Stone Roses, Mondays, Charlatans, Inspiral Carpets, 808 state CD's in the bag for a tenner'
First month forgot to make some phone call, ended up landed with Best of Bowie - 69/74.
Never made it oot the wrapper for well over a year, I grew up with 80's Bowie, jammies and make up...not very cool to a young lad

Some time later, right into my puff, bored listening to my 5 CD's, fuck it i'll give it a go.

Jean Genie/Space Oddity/Starman/Ziggy/John/Rebel Rebel it started and possibly got better....... i was blown away

So booked up Glasto, to go and see him, m8 crashed his van on way to pick me up......cancelled

Headlining T in the Park, bought tickets...... he had a fucking heart attack just beforehand....

it just wasn't meant to be

i've never been to Glastonbury, would love to go and when kids are in teens, i'll take them so they've done it...

got to take the old bhoy to see Roger Waters this year.....but Ange ruined that for him

So best gigs, worst misses, best venues, best stories.....

Last edited:
Keaunu Reeves' band played one of the early T in the Park, Dogbreath or Dogstar, summit like that. The place was chocca for them coming on, hundreds of wee girls at the front.

As their set went on, the crowd got less and less. There was about 15 by the end of the set!!!
LOL!

Went to the 1st T in the park, still not got a clue who played in it.
1st 3 at Hamilton were a Brit pop fans wet dream, blur, oasis manic’s elastica, republica teen age fan club, primal scream, I got in to them for free, working as a photographer for the local free paper, the Hamilton and Motherwell people, used to get photo passes for any gig a wanted to for about 10 years till the paper went bust, seen and photographed everyone from frank sinatra, to Motörhead, to Kyle monoge, there was hundreds of pages of negatives, enough for an exhibition and a book….. but the ex wife feckend them aw oot in a fit o rage 😱🤬

Line up for all the t in the parks here, takes you back ❤️

Dreadzone , chemical braaaas and the war on drugs are the only ones worth watching by this cunt

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back