Glesga Derby wi' nae HUNS in the stands

BILLCOWIE1958

I'm really champing at the bit for 19.45 to arrive and for the Hoos to get in about these 'flatter to deceivers'
It's been a wee while now since I felt quite as positive about giving the HUNS a good going over, but am quietly confident that tonight's the night.
Throw into the mix, when we beat them tonight, we play Motherwell at 13.30 on Sunday, and will hopefully be 4 points clear at the top of the table, before Hearts visit Ibrokes at 4pm the same afternoon, and surely have it in their armoury to inflict more agony on the Tribute Act.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for such an occurrence, but the HUNS' usual post 'winter break' capitulation has definitely returned, after a brief hiatus last season. The main difference, though, between last season and this, is we are breathing down their necks, whereas last season we put no pressure on them whatsoever.
We are now fighting and scrapping to the end of matches and pulling off late, albeit narrow victories, with perhaps the exception of the Giakoumakis penalty miss v Livingston back in October, very reminiscent of season 87/88 when we achieved our 'Centenary Double' , whereas the HUNS are throwing points away, by conceding late and added on time goals.
You can feel their desperation, and their need for the guaranteed financial windfall that automatic qualification to the CL Group stages will bring to the successful Club. Their fear of losing out on it is tangible, bringing in once upon a time 'A Listers' to try and rally their troops.
We tried it ourselves on a few occasions, Robbie Keane, Craig Bellamy., neither of whom aided us in winning the league, although Bellamy was part of the successful Scottish Cup winning side of season 2004/5.
A more successful addition was Roy Keane, who helped us win the league, and league Cup in his brief tenure with our club in 2005/6, but Aaron Ramsey, as gifted as he perhaps is / was, is no Roy Keane.
As the hours and minutes tick down towards 19.45 this evening that old 'Feeling in my water' sensation is kicking in, and with just 15 remaining league matches to negotiate before this season ends, the immediate future is looking distinctly Green and White.
Bearing in mind that Celtic are the only Club who can win the TREBLE' this season, dare we dream? 5 'TREBLES' out of 6, 15 trophies from 18. Tonight can help manifest that possibility into reality
Personally, I've always considered myself to be a realist rather than a dreamer, but when reality kicks in and the possibilities are so tangible then why not give yourself the luxury of having the occasional dream?
MON THE HOOPS
HH🍀

I'm really champing at the bit for 19.45 to arrive and for the Hoos to get in about these 'flatter to deceivers'
It's been a wee while now since I felt quite as positive about giving the HUNS a good going over, but am quietly confident that tonight's the night.
Throw into the mix, when we beat them tonight, we play Motherwell at 13.30 on Sunday, and will hopefully be 4 points clear at the top of the table, before Hearts visit Ibrokes at 4pm the same afternoon, and surely have it in their armoury to inflict more agony on the Tribute Act.
Ordinarily, I wouldn't hold out too much hope for such an occurrence, but the HUNS' usual post 'winter break' capitulation has definitely returned, after a brief hiatus last season. The main difference, though, between last season and this, is we are breathing down their necks, whereas last season we put no pressure on them whatsoever.
We are now fighting and scrapping to the end of matches and pulling off late, albeit narrow victories, with perhaps the exception of the Giakoumakis penalty miss v Livingston back in October, very reminiscent of season 87/88 when we achieved our 'Centenary Double' , whereas the HUNS are throwing points away, by conceding late and added on time goals.
You can feel their desperation, and their need for the guaranteed financial windfall that automatic qualification to the CL Group stages will bring to the successful Club. Their fear of losing out on it is tangible, bringing in once upon a time 'A Listers' to try and rally their troops.
We tried it ourselves on a few occasions, Robbie Keane, Craig Bellamy., neither of whom aided us in winning the league, although Bellamy was part of the successful Scottish Cup winning side of season 2004/5.
A more successful addition was Roy Keane, who helped us win the league, and league Cup in his brief tenure with our club in 2005/6, but Aaron Ramsey, as gifted as he perhaps is / was, is no Roy Keane.
As the hours and minutes tick down towards 19.45 this evening that old 'Feeling in my water' sensation is kicking in, and with just 15 remaining league matches to negotiate before this season ends, the immediate future is looking distinctly Green and White.
Bearing in mind that Celtic are the only Club who can win the TREBLE' this season, dare we dream? 5 'TREBLES' out of 6, 15 trophies from 18. Tonight can help manifest that possibility into reality
Personally, I've always considered myself to be a realist rather than a dreamer, but when reality kicks in and the possibilities are so tangible then why not give yourself the luxury of having the occasional dream?
MON THE HOOPS
HH🍀
Hey Bill. Good to hear from you, pal. I hope you are well? It is good to see you posting again and looking forward to many many more as go on to win this season's league in style.

Its a mad feeling having a couple of our main guys out but still really confident because of who can come in now our options are superb it gives the gaffer so many different options to influence the game and I think I'm right in saying it's back to 5 subs aswell I just canny see us not getting the 3 points tonite HH on them apart from aribo they're crap Kents a sand dancer the freddo bar kid is away so keep aribo and the new wee guy diallo quiet and we are sound canny wait now well I can cause cause ive no choice but u know wit I mean😂 HH COYBIG INTO THE BASTARDS

Just seen these stats 😳 this prick is our real problem tonite
That is fecking outrageous. The same ref who allowed the deliberate late stamp from behind by Morelos on Frimpong's ankle, then after he is booked allowed him to wade in fists flying into Celtic player's faces and his instant reaction if to embrace the Colombian thug so he didn't have to send him off. Of course, this was in the very same match where he couldn't wait to issue Bitton with a straight red carded for hauling Morelos to the ground way out wide when there was cover coming in from the middle. Among dozens of other similar offences which he overlooks or over-reacts to, depending upon who benefits most from his decision.

That is fecking outrageous. The same ref who allowed the deliberate late stamp from behind by Morelos on Frimpong's ankle, then after he is booked allowed him to wade in fists flying into Celtic player's faces and his instant reaction if to embrace the Colombian thug so he didn't have to send him off. Of course, this was in the very same match where he couldn't wait to issue Bitton with a straight red carded for hauling Morelos to the ground way out wide when there was cover coming in from the middle. Among dozens of other similar offences which he overlooks or over-reacts to, depending upon who benefits most from his decision.
I thought it was a wind up at first tbh

MON THE HOOPS
HH🍀
Hi Bill great post even better to have you back on the noise. You’ve been missed
By all.

HH BC👏👏💚🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back