Goalkeepers

DILLIGAF

Looks like we have another goalie heading for the exit door
Conor Hazard potentially moving to the Championship in England
We have big Joe, Scott Bain (who is always linked with a transfer away) and Benjie Seigrist (who seems to have injury and who knows what else issues) since joining the club
Joe Hart won't be around forever, and whoever put Barkas name forward for us to sign, hopefully has moved on, as he's as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest, forget what he's done since he's been out on loan, in the SPFL he was like a deer in the headlights, so imho, we need to straighten out the keepers position and pretty quick
A strong back line is a must, and we need to get this sorted PDQ
Help for AJ, CCV, Carl and GT
But for me, it starts with a reliable keeper to back up JH
HH

I would go so far as to say that the GK should be our number 1 priority. Big Hart has done well for us, but maybe isn't the stand out that we need to get that progress in Europe. I guess I would be looking for someone to really compete with him or takeover, rather than a back up Dill.

P.s. good luck to Hazard, his two penalty shoot out saves for the quadrebel will always be remembered.

Last edited:
I would go so far as to say that the GK should be our number 1 priority. Big Hart has done well for us, but maybe isn't the stand out that we need to get that progress in Europe. I guess I wouldn't be looking for someone to really compete with him or takeover, rather than a back up Dill.

P.s. good luck to Hazard, his two penalty shoot out saves for the quadrebel will always be remembered.
100%

Looks like we have another goalie heading for the exit door
Conor Hazard potentially moving to the Championship in England
We have big Joe, Scott Bain (who is always linked with a transfer away) and Benjie Seigrist (who seems to have injury and who knows what else issues) since joining the club
Joe Hart won't be around forever, and whoever put Barkas name forward for us to sign, hopefully has moved on, as he's as useful as a one legged man at an arse kicking contest, forget what he's done since he's been out on loan, in the SPFL he was like a deer in the headlights, so imho, we need to straighten out the keepers position and pretty quick
A strong back line is a must, and we need to get this sorted PDQ
Help for AJ, CCV, Carl and GT
But for me, it starts with a reliable keeper to back up JH
HH
A would take big fraz foster back in a second……🦍

There must be some up and coming goalkeeper somewhere desperate for 1st team football and maybe even a CL or Euro experience! I think Hart maybe looking of a lucrative move to maybe the US. We need to get this right, its now top priority, a good confident keeper is the anchor of the whole defence. I'd even take someone like Hart who has loads of experience and wants to win things.

There must be some up and coming goalkeeper somewhere desperate for 1st team football and maybe even a CL or Euro experience! I think Hart maybe looking of a lucrative move to maybe the US. We need to get this right, its now top priority, a good confident keeper is the anchor of the whole defence. I'd even take someone like Hart who has loads of experience and wants to win things.
There is , Angus Gunn , could do worse

That’s fair Dill. He was a game changer though. Barca and league cup final easily spring to mind 🙌
For sure, he was immense as the 'wall'
Same can be said for some of our former keepers, Craig Gordon for example
Conor Hazard saved 2 penalties in the Cup Final v Hearts to help win us the trophy
Hopefully, we get the best out of big Joe and his crew, but we do need someone we can rely on, and who can do the job, and get us over the line, when we get to the European games
HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back