Happy Birthday Callum Mc Gregor.

Might get stick for this but I honestly think he's the best Scottish midfielder we have had since mcstay and rate him just as much as mcstay tbh....think he's one player who wouldn't look out of place in arsenal or Liverpool teams etc
Welcome Tommy. I don't think it is too controversial to suggest that about CalMac. He is maybe not as skillful as Lubo, Nakamura, etc, or score as many goals as others. But for shear consistency and work-rate over a long period I don't know if anyone matches him during that time. He makes us tick and has contributed so much to our success and is a fantastic leader.

Of course, comparing players - especially from different generations - is purely subjective, but you can make a good case for McGregor being so important to us and he is undoubtedly going to be remembered as a Celtic legend.

Welcome Tommy. I don't think it is too controversial to suggest that about CalMac. He is maybe not as skillful as Lubo, Nakamura, etc, or score as many goals as others. But for shear consistency and work-rate over a long period I don't know if anyone matches him during that time. He makes us tick and has contributed so much to our success and is a fantastic leader.

Of course, comparing players - especially from different generations - is purely subjective, but you can make a good case for McGregor being so important to us and he is undoubtedly going to be remembered as a Celtic legend.
Cheers for the reply mate🍀.....yeah it's Definitely hard to compare players in different eras etc.....when you hear new players at the club they also speak so highly of him off the park too and after Leicester wanting him and the club said no (obv we don't know all the facts) but most players would have pushed for it but he stayed and never let it affect him.....we will be telling our kids and grand kids about him one day 🍀

Just seen the interview where Brendan admitted he tried to get Callum to Leicester ( calmac deserves huge praise for not going even if Celtic said no the players have that much power now if they want to go they go) 9/10 players would leave for premier League especially at that time when Leicester where qualifying for Europe......we talk about mcstay and mcgrain etc been loyal well this bhoy has joined that list 🍀....KT is a hero to the support and a don't blame him for arsenal but he's not on this special list 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back