James Forrest

No is my short answer Gary as a fit Forrest is a superb player and asset to the side. I think he may have been rushed back too early possibly but for the short time he was fit it was clear to me what he brings to the team is invaluable and one of our top players HH
Hoi Johnno whits the wow'ing' my posts there not that dramatic? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hoi Johnno whits the wow'ing' my posts there not that dramatic? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Wouldn't class Forrest as one of our top players any longer winter that's all imo.
Not to sure he will ever reach the heights of the past still and very hard to judge when unavailable so much nowadays.
I hope he still can regain his former glories, but I also know if I was Ange, I couldn't keep waiting to see if that would happen for him still.
Football and the club have to keep moving forward regardless and with so much doubt surrounding the fitness of Forrest then decisions need to be made especially in a position that is so important to Ange style of play and where we still remain desperately short of cover still.
At present I couldn't say who is our best option between abada and Forrest upon what we have seen so far this season and if we are in a position to get better and be more of a starting regular then I believe it would be madness not to take up that option instead of the wait and see approach imo.

Wouldn't class Forrest as one of our top players any longer winter that's all imo.
Not to sure he will ever reach the heights of the past still and very hard to judge when unavailable so much nowadays.
I hope he still can regain his former glories, but I also know if I was Ange, I couldn't keep waiting to see if that would happen for him still.
Football and the club have to keep moving forward regardless and with so much doubt surrounding the fitness of Forrest then decisions need to be made especially in a position that is so important to Ange style of play and where we still remain desperately short of cover still.
At present I couldn't say who is our best option between abada and Forrest upon what we have seen so far this season and if we are in a position to get better and be more of a starting regular then I believe it would be madness not to take up that option instead of the wait and see approach imo.
For the short time he was fit he made the difference in the semi final and it appeared that Ange favoured him over Abada ( granted Abada was having a wee off spell as all players do) for me at least hes the type of player who makes the difference like at hampden and having been out for a lengthy period I just feel it's a bit premature to write him off so early hes entered the peak years of his career and I hope weve yet to see the best of him not long ago when we were sealing the 9iar he was linked liverpool and others but choose to sign an extension/new contract and he was on fire. We still need depth so aye you're right that we cant wait on him to be fit and will need back up options hopefully that'll come this window HH

For the short time he was fit he made the difference in the semi final and it appeared that Ange favoured him over Abada ( granted Abada was having a wee off spell as all players do) for me at least hes the type of player who makes the difference like at hampden and having been out for a lengthy period I just feel it's a bit premature to write him off so early hes entered the peak years of his career and I hope weve yet to see the best of him not long ago when we were sealing the 9iar he was linked liverpool and others but choose to sign an extension/new contract and he was on fire. We still need depth so aye you're right that we cant wait on him to be fit and will need back up options hopefully that'll come this window HH
Would never totally write Forrest off winter and agree that it would be very wrong to.
With Ange style of play then it calls upon strong partnerships in the wide areas.
Ralston has been a revelation down the right and more so with abada than Forrest so far as they haven't been able to be able to form one as of yet, so still waiting to see if one could develop.
Saying that josip and Ralston looked half decent on Wednesday and offered us our best chances of breaking down a stubborn defence and wouldn't be surprised if Ange uses them as the option down the right again against St Johnstone.
The lefthand side is more of a concern with Jota missing and a huge shame Forrest is unavailable still as he has been sorely missed with Johnston not really taking his opportunity given as I hoped he would.
Think Taylor will start on Sunday but could be a new partnership if abada gets the nod on the left.
These partnerships take a bit of time to really develop and we have been hampered so badly with having to operate mainly on a mix and match approach and yet we have been able to hang in there still and should become far more consistent with extra quality added and injuries clear up then hopefully we can end up with being spoilt for options in our wide areas

Know from personal experience that sciatica is a bastard, didn't realise it at the time and just had to get on with it regardless of the discomfort.
Nowadays, I don't know how I'll wake up in the morning with it, and yes it would have a huge impact upon your legs as such
Agree John no about sciatica I too am prone to it.
The pain is the worst I have ever experienced, it can be triggered with some thing really simple like stepping off a kerb or just come from nowhere.

Jamesys a frustrating player..hes well capable of a bit of magic or popping up with an important goal but he hides when the going gets tough.Hes a better option than Abada though whos still only a young boy so hopefully see Forrest back soon.

Jamesys a frustrating player..hes well capable of a bit of magic or popping up with an important goal but he hides when the going gets tough.Hes a better option than Abada though whos still only a young boy so hopefully see Forrest back soon.
What I like most about jamesy on form is his ability to run at defenders and squeeze the ball into the net from unlikely angles Abada as well could reach that level it's just a shame forrest has had bad luck with injuries he did bulk up when required a few seasons back and it seems like a confidence thing whether or not he will run at defenders or not but when he does that hes great if confidence is high and hopefully that will come for johnstone as well with game time.

Two gabapentin and get out on that fucking park, if postmen can deliver the mail and carry mail sacks with sciatica then he can run about high as a kite kicking a baw.

Members online

Latest posts

Back