Jock Stein 10th September 1985 R.I.P

Me , my dad and brother were driving to Spain when it happened...we stopped for fuel at a service station somewhere in France and were were listening on a very crackly world service radio station....we couldn't believe what we were hearing
RIP the greatest Scottish manager of all time

Remember meeting him at the 39th Annual Celtic Rally, big Roy Aitken was being honoured at that one if I remember correctly. Couldn’t stop staring at Big Jock. Was in absolute awe. My dad made me go introduce myself as I was a bit scared. Anyway they say never meet your heroes but I can’t agree with that. Our wee chat still brings a smile to my face all these years later. 💚 GBNF

RIP Mr Stein . Here was a man with principals,honesty and integrity.A man who realised that football in Scotland was loaded.Like me he knew what the mankies were about and proceeded to put them in there grave.They died trying to emulate the Celtic and Jock left a legacy to be applauded and cherished forever.He made every one of us proud to be a Celtic supporter.God Bless you Jock you truly are immortal.HH ☘️☘️😪

Members online

No members online now.

Back