JULES

John nó

Don't really like criticising players in general but the antics of Jules over the summer have totally pissed me off to date.
Wanted to wait upon his return to the team to make a better assessment and been disgusted with what I've witnessed to date.
His positional and passing was shite to say the least last time out, but not being able to get his head on to 3 corners all from the same side, leading to hitting the crossbar and conceding an equaliser with a pathetic effort, was disgraceful from a senior player and totally disrespectful towards his fellow team mates who had put so much effort into the game imo.
Could get overlooked just because it's only a friendly match, but I fear a couldn't care less attitude may have developed now in a player I once had great respect for.
With reports claiming we might have extended his contract by an extra year with possibly looking for a better return upon him, may be a serious own goal by ourselves now with having him within the club for a further 2 years still.
Just got a horrible feeling that Jules could well belong in the rotten apple barrel now, along with ajeti and boli, and that prospect hinders the club far more than helping it progress forward imo.
Sorry for the rant and maybe others can put a better outlook upon him than the one I've stated
HH

Don't really like criticising players in general but the antics of Jules over the summer have totally pissed me off to date.
Wanted to wait upon his return to the team to make a better assessment and been disgusted with what I've witnessed to date.
His positional and passing was shite to say the least last time out, but not being able to get his head on to 3 corners all from the same side, leading to hitting the crossbar and conceding an equaliser with a pathetic effort, was disgraceful from a senior player and totally disrespectful towards his fellow team mates who had put so much effort into the game imo.
Could get overlooked just because it's only a friendly match, but I fear a couldn't care less attitude may have developed now in a player I once had great respect for.
With reports claiming we might have extended his contract by an extra year with possibly looking for a better return upon him, may be a serious own goal by ourselves now with having him within the club for a further 2 years still.
Just got a horrible feeling that Jules could well belong in the rotten apple barrel now, along with ajeti and boli, and that prospect hinders the club far more than helping it progress forward imo.
Sorry for the rant and maybe others can put a better outlook upon him than the one I've stated
HH
Its easy to forget he was pants for several months prior to his injury, if we were guaranteed to get the Jules that arrived we would have a player but considering that the club have stood by him thru a long and no doubt tough recovery, you would be entitled to expect a little loyalty, but no, it looks like there is certainly entitlement but just that of egotistical prima donna.
I have always said I wouldn’t have any player near the squad who behaved like this, said it with Eddie last year, dont care how good they appear to be, if they dont give their all or cause others to not give their all..get them to fu#%.
Jules is in the get them to fu#% category for me.

Its easy to forget he was pants for several months prior to his injury, if we were guaranteed to get the Jules that arrived we would have a player but considering that the club have stood by him thru a long and no doubt tough recovery, you would be entitled to expect a little loyalty, but no, it looks like there is certainly entitlement but just that of egotistical prima donna.
I have always said I wouldn’t have any player near the squad who behaved like this, said it with Eddie last year, dont care how good they appear to be, if they dont give their all or cause others to not give their all..get them to fu#%.
Jules is in the get them to fu#% category for me.
Was prepared to give him the benifit of doubt regarding him b4l, but no longer see what he can offer the team going forward now.
Glad I won't have to watch him tomorrow as wouldn't be to good for the blood pressure

Tbf he crossed for Kyogo to make the pass for Turnbull to score our 2nd. He had a serious injury that kept him out for a year. We are playing friendlies so no one wants an injury just before the season starts in earnest. 2 games we've played and the pitchforks are out already. Chill out and let's hope he can find the form he had.

HH
Vigo will be along any minute......

😹

Vigo will be along any minute......

😹
At present hoopy with a fully fit squad, I would possibly class Jules as a 3rd choice in his position, with a fair argument for maybe even a 4th choice, that's just how much lost in trust I have in him at present.
Would need to show a lot more to regain the trust I once had in him, and have zero confidence in him being able to do so at present.
The eye is upon him and see if he can deliver?
Wouldn't mind being wrong upon him either going forward

At present hoopy with a fully fit squad, I would possibly class Jules as a 3rd choice in his position, with a fair argument for maybe even a 4th choice, that's just how much lost in trust I have in him at present.
Would need to show a lot more to regain the trust I once had in him, and have zero confidence in him being able to do so at present.
Theres a few on the same boat as Jullien John and i fear for us in the CL if we dont bring another CH in.Juranovic,Vicars are the only two i think can cope in the CL.The others SPL level.Too early to comment on the young Argy yet.Most will probably disagree with that ..

Theres a few on the same boat as Jullien John and i fear for us in the CL if we dont bring another CH in.Juranovic,Vicars are the only two i think can cope in the CL.The others SPL level.Too early to comment on the young Argy yet.Most will probably disagree with that ..
Said before Tony that I would class getting in another CB as a priority for the coming season imo.
So many calling for a CCV and Jules partnership last season, and yet we still haven't seen either of them play a minute in the left sided CB role with still Welsh and lawel given the task at present, even bigger task for themselves with having to currently do a job that remains unnatural to them still, hardly going to gain the new LB much confidence and possibly longer to settle in also.
Just hoping this current nonsense in a major position can get resolved quickly, especially with jules no longer looking like an option at present and on such a high salary also?

He’s clearly a man that doesn’t want to be here, the last of the French contingent, has a massive chip oan his shoulder……

It’s it, loss of form?
Is it lack of application?
Is he a shadow of the player he was pre injury?

Ange has seen him every day in training for the last year, was declared fit around Xmas, yet was only given a cameo appearance last season,
He’s an empty shirt extracting a massive wage, time he wasn’t here……..

He’s clearly a man that doesn’t want to be here, the last of the French contingent, has a massive chip oan his shoulder……

It’s it, loss of form?
Is it lack of application?
Is he a shadow of the player he was pre injury?

Ange has seen him every day in training for the last year, was declared fit around Xmas, yet was only given a cameo appearance last season,
He’s an empty shirt extracting a massive wage, time he wasn’t here……..
Don't forget BB, came out stating that he wanted to fight for his position, what a load of shite that's been so far.
A position has been vacated with the starfelt injury all summer, seen fuck all fight from Jules to try and make a claim for it so far.
We have seen many players used out of there favoured positions to help for the cause, still waiting for Jules to apply any of that fighting spirit still, makes you wonder has he got any whatsoever these days?

Don't forget BB, came out stating that he wanted to fight for his position, what a load of shite that's been so far.
A position has been vacated with the starfelt injury all summer, seen fuck all fight from Jules to try and make a claim for it so far.
We have seen many players used out of there favoured positions to help for the cause, still waiting for Jules to apply any of that fighting spirit still, makes you wonder has he got any whatsoever these days?
In recent memory, Ryan Christie is the only want away who seemed to realise the value of still putting a shift in to enhance ur chances.

I didn't watch the recent game John and to be honest it's been so long I forget how Julien used to play, given that he was fit in the later half of last season and Ange didn't give him a sniff of a start makes me think he's not our future, I'm going out on a limb here but I reckon Ange has a better eye for a player than me.
However I'm confident I know more about building houses than Ange, so it's swings and roundabouts really 🤷‍♂️

HH
Get the feeling johnno that Ange has been playing jules in these games to put him in the window and he is a decent player when his minds in the right place.
His problem like Barkas imo is that because of his price tag he believes(d) that HE should be no1 always. Ego.
If we still had lenny he likely would be.
He'll be a good signing for another club I've no doubt.
For the type of football Ange wants us to play hes just not quick enough and was always susceptible to balls over the top despite his height. Good in the opposition box.
It's a pity or a shame or whatever folk want to call it that he was injured when playing well in a good footballing Celtic side but that Celtic ( the quadreble Celtic) has gone and been replaced by a far more dynamic style of Celtic who play in a completely different way.
I would be interested to know exactly what the wages he kod to move to schalke was.
You have to earn your place every season and no player is exempt from this under Anges Celtic

Get the feeling johnno that Ange has been playing jules in these games to put him in the window and he is a decent player when his minds in the right place.
His problem like Barkas imo is that because of his price tag he believes(d) that HE should be no1 always. Ego.
If we still had lenny he likely would be.
He'll be a good signing for another club I've no doubt.
For the type of football Ange wants us to play hes just not quick enough and was always susceptible to balls over the top despite his height. Good in the opposition box.
It's a pity or a shame or whatever folk want to call it that he was injured when playing well in a good footballing Celtic side but that Celtic ( the quadreble Celtic) has gone and been replaced by a far more dynamic style of Celtic who play in a completely different way.
I would be interested to know exactly what the wages he kod to move to schalke was.
You have to earn your place every season and no player is exempt from this under Anges Celtic
The pressing in today's game has become a very tactical ploy by most teams these days and players having to adapt, especially how the manager chooses to want to play it.
We want to play out from the back and if we can play our way through the press then we stand to cause any team problems with the speed and movement of our forward players and attacking midfielders.
However against an aggressive high press we are still very vulnerable still with CB and a keeper that could be targeted still.
Jules imo is still struggling to adjust to the change within the game especially with ourselves, since he has been missing.
Still room for a player who wants to play the game he feels more comfortable with, but no longer see that being with ourselves for much longer imo.
Was unsure before pre season on who could be a better fit for us between Welsh and Jules going forward, and would say Welsh is a long way ahead of JULES at present and this with Welsh also playing out of his preferred position still.
Lawel possibly needs a loan to a higher level for our benefit next season, so if we do get another CB in, which I believe we still need, then Jules stands to become surplus to requirements for us, but yet his contract could be still a huge problem especially if we have activated the extra year that seems to have been the rumour surrounding the loan deal he refused.

Members online

Latest posts

Back