Lenny for permanent manager?

BILLCOWIE1958

After the totally unnecessary turmoil over the past 2-3 days in the Celtic world what if anything does Lenny need to do to become Celtic manager on a permanent basis?

If he wins the TREBLE I can't envisage him NOT being given the position Even if he only wins the League to carry on our quest for 10 IAR I believe he is entitled to expect to be installed in the Manager's Office

The only reason I could envisage him NOT getting the Big Prize is if the team totally implodes but for the life of me I can not see that happening even remotely No matter how big a snake Rodgers turned out to be I feel he has instilled enough grit and winning mentality to the team to at least get us over the line in the League The TREBLE would be the icing on the cake

HH?

The main thing is ambition, and constant improvement.

We now know that Rodgers turned out to be an absolute charlatan, only interested in himself, thankfully though while he was here he was very successful, and just as importantly seems to have improved a lot in the background.

We know what Lawwell is like, he would happily go for the cheapest option on everything, except his bonus.

We would probably of ended up with a slight upgrade on Ronny Deila if Dermot Desmond hadn’t intervened the last time.

Supposedly Lennoxtown has been transformed, with the sports science, new pitches, training sessions being recorded, he was also asking, and asking, for a full sized indoor pitch, as well as other things.

Anyway as long as whoever takes over isn’t a yes man, and drives the club forward, including even slightly, in Europe, I’ll be pleased.

Get the league won get the 8 then see how the land lies but if you the seen the smile on Lawwells face last night with Lenny waving up to him I think he’s already made up his mind

We need a new backbone to the side in the close season, a side that can get us to the CL groups. BR brought a lot of professionalism into the club, now we need to improve upon it. I don't see Lennon being capable of such long term planning. We need to replace Congleton and get a proper scouting network, top contacts stop being a pushover in Europe. A lot of work to be done, real planning, quality replacements, value for money, Fight and passion won't cut it in Europe...RB Salzburg ripped us apart H and A with a smaller budget, smaller wage bill, younger players, they are where we want to be but are years behind

Back