LIam Scales

Man of the Match. Well done the Irish laddie. Give him a improved contract.

Unfortunately, when all players fit, he doesn't get near the team IMO. He had a great game for the best part but still got caught under every long ball into the box, as he did against St Johnstone. That's something he has to work on as its a tactic deployed by every club in Scotland that we come up against. He was 100% the star man in a make shift defence.....but a new contract on the back of one match...not for me.
Get him out on loan again. Maybe the lower leagues in England..blood and thunder leagues, where he can work on his positioning and speed on the ball in real game situations. He isn't going to get that with us when all players are fit....he's behind CCV, lager, Rocky and Welsh at the moment. 4 players all fighting for 2 positions.

Unfortunately, when all players fit, he doesn't get near the team IMO. He had a great game for the best part but still got caught under every long ball into the box, as he did against St Johnstone. That's something he has to work on as its a tactic deployed by every club in Scotland that we come up against. He was 100% the star man in a make shift defence.....but a new contract on the back of one match...not for me.
Get him out on loan again. Maybe the lower leagues in England..blood and thunder leagues, where he can work on his positioning and speed on the ball in real game situations. He isn't going to get that with us when all players are fit....he's behind CCV, lager, Rocky and Welsh at the moment. 4 players all fighting for 2 positions.
Not so sure about putting him on loan again.It must play havoc with a player’s confidence.I know where you are coming from Lubo ,but it seems as though injuries to our defenders are gonna haunt us again.I would keep him close and give him game time.HH.

I’d say, give him an extended run in the team, the loan guy fae Liverpool should only be back up, in case any mair of our ane players get injured, after that performance the lad deserves a chance to stake a claim for the jersey 👍
The bhoy has earned the right to hold on to the Jersey...for now. But, I think it was Lubo who made the point, when everyone's fit, he's a squad player.
Happy he's still here though.

The bhoy became a mhan yesterday and I'd keep him for cover or cup games. We're going to need squad players like him with the amount of games we play. Going out on loan again would look like a punishment after performing so well yesterday. A performance that might not have been the most skillful but a performance that was full of heart, soul and grit.

The bhoy became a mhan yesterday and I'd keep him for cover or cup games. We're going to need squad players like him with the amount of games we play. Going out on loan again would look like a punishment after performing so well yesterday. A performance that might not have been the most skillful but a performance that was full of heart, soul and grit.
He needs a season at Celtic, theirs a player there as proved yesterday

He's an average SPFL defender, nothing more. I watched a fair few Aberdeen games last season and that is probably his level. Alright he was good against sevco, but their front players as shite lol

Confidence and maturity and experience - all big attributes for a young player like him to develop.

He's a queit lad but hopefully involvement around the first team this season will bring him out of his shell and shape the gallus, commanding attitude all quality defenders have. After that stint at Mordor, I reckon he deserves a fair hearing; he won't be in such a pressure situation anywhere else all season, domestically.

Will he become an established first team player? Nope. But he has the makings of a reliable backup left sided defender/fullback. A la Tony Ralston.

Back