Loyalty is only for mugs.

I understand where you're comin from bigman, but the difference between tierney and the like of salah and whoever else is that Tierney has always played the I was born into Celtic card. And as much as I hate to compare the two, but a recently departed rat used the same card.
The funny thing is, I don't give two shites that he has left, we won the league last year without him. Ok he's a good player, but that's it. Here's the problem I have with the whole scenario, spare us all the badge kissin, born into Celtic, too big an opportunity to turn down, dream to play against the best in the so called best league in the world bullshit. Because that's all that is, fuckin hot air.
I would have absolutely no problem with a lad going to make more money, but tell the supporters who have supported you through thick and thin the fuckin truth. Come out and say it " look I love Celtic, but I was offered three or four times the outrages money I was on at Celtic and I just couldn't turn it down". Everything else is fuckin bullshit. Don't fuckin treat Celtic supporters like they are imbeciles with your patronising bullshit.
I'm from a gaa background and I know it's different to the professional world of soccer, but the gaa has a saying here, "one life, one club". Something these money grabbers don't know the meaning of!

I understand where you're comin from bigman, but the difference between tierney and the like of salah and whoever else is that Tierney has always played the I was born into Celtic card. And as much as I hate to compare the two, but a recently departed rat used the same card.
The funny thing is, I don't give two shites that he has left, we won the league last year without him. Ok he's a good player, but that's it. Here's the problem I have with the whole scenario, spare us all the badge kissin, born into Celtic, too big an opportunity to turn down, dream to play against the best in the so called best league in the world bullshit. Because that's all that is, fuckin hot air.
I would have absolutely no problem with a lad going to make more money, but tell the supporters who have supported you through thick and thin the fuckin truth. Come out and say it " look I love Celtic, but I was offered three or four times the outrages money I was on at Celtic and I just couldn't turn it down". Everything else is fuckin bullshit. Don't fuckin treat Celtic supporters like they are imbeciles with your patronising bullshit.
I'm from a gaa background and I know it's different to the professional world of soccer, but the gaa has a saying here, "one life, one club". Something these money grabbers don't know the meaning of!
D, that is the argument to defeat all arguments!!!

Can't disagree with any of that and the GAA reference gives you the full hand.

I also agree that a if KT came out straight and said "money talks" then I think we'd all just shrug our shoulders, wave bye-bye and put it to the back of our minds.

Superb principles pal. Respect. ???✊

D, that is the argument to defeat all arguments!!!

Can't disagree with any of that and the GAA reference gives you the full hand.

I also agree that a if KT came out straight and said "money talks" then I think we'd all just shrug our shoulders, wave bye-bye and put it to the back of our minds.
In 2002 Armagh won the all Ireland for the first time. They were complete underdogs against a very fancied Kerry team in the final. Martin O'Neill invited them to Celtic park. He played a video of the final to the Celtic team and when it was over asked if anyone had any questions about they had just watched. I can't remember who, but one of the players asked " how much do these players get paid per week?". To which O'Neill answered "nothing. They play for the area they were born. They play for the pride of wearing their county jersey." His response drew gasps of disbelief. O'Neill taught his players a valuable lesson that day...

Celtic is bigger than KT. We ve had enough of KT.There are so many other players who didn't play the diehard Celticman card over the fans.
Business is not the problem.KT sold his soul for money because he pretended the diehard Celtic fan.Yet the fans call out for there is no loyalty nowadays but they are hailing KT and tribute him as a loyal.The levels of delusion are far beyond whilst this way of thinking is the reason why our society is being a shit.When money talks bulshit walks.Between the sweet lies there is a truth that cuts like steel.In life you can't have it all.This life reflecting the path of our soul.Everything in life is choices. Whatever you say or do or the way you think.

1).If someone wants to move for money that's his choice I hope he's doing well
2).If someone wants to play the fanatic Celticman and then deny the Legendary Celtic Campaign for money is his choice. I hope he's doing well but he can't be untouched by the fans he mocked.Hey, that's his choice.

If someone wants to be deluded there he goes and by then he seems to belong to 2). ... if he could be a footballer.Yeah he would certainly do the same as KT did.But now they maybe just "fans".

Celtic is bigger than KT. We ve had enough of KT.There are so many other players who didn't play the diehard Celticman card over the fans.
Business is not the problem.KT sold his soul for money because he pretended the diehard Celtic fan.Yet the fans call out for there is no loyalty nowadays but they are hailing KT and tribute him as a loyal.The levels of delusion are far beyond whilst this way of thinking is the reason why our society is being a shit.When money talks bulshit walks.Between the sweet lies there is a truth that cuts like steel.In life you can't have it all.This life reflecting the path of our soul.Everything in life is choices. Whatever you say or do or the way you think.

1).If someone wants to move for money that's his choice I hope he's doing well
2).If someone wants to play the fanatic Celticman and then deny the Legendary Celtic Campaign for money is his choice. I hope he's doing well but he can't be untouched by the fans he mocked.Hey, that's his choice.

If someone wants to be deluded there he goes and by then he seems to belong to 2). ... if he could be a footballer.Yeah he would certainly do the same as KT did.But now they maybe just "fans".
Mate he never sold his soul he made a decision of his own, he also is a diehard Celtic fan but not all diehard fans need to be tied to the club they are after all human biengs, some of us would never leave but bigger players than KT have left, we move on and wish him well and hope it works out for him, we say farewell with sadness, but we get over it tommorow, but the Bhoy will always be a tim when not in opposition,

Mate he never sold his soul he made a decision of his own, he also is a diehard Celtic fan but not all diehard fans need to be tied to the club they are after all human biengs, some of us would never leave but bigger players than KT have left, we move on and wish him well and hope it works out for him, we say farewell with sadness, but we get over it tommorow, but the Bhoy will always be a tim when not in opposition,
And Rodgers made a decision too not being a diehard

When I was growing up almost every team had players who spent their entire careers with the one club . As wages were poor , a testimonial was a common reward for these long serving players .
It was not so much loyalty to one club that kept them but a variety of factors - low wages ( so many were working part-time as well ) , extended family were close by , travel beyond your own 'midden' was strange and exotic - so few did . Those were different times !

Today loyalty to one club is rare . Players live in a world were big money is freely available for talented players ( and for some with very little it appears ! ) ; travel around the globe is easy and taken for granted ; modern communications make it easier to keep in touch with family and friends like never before .
So player loyalty is a rare commodity and , more importantly , Club Loyalty is even rarer ! How many clubs will turn down obscene money in today's market .
Even the most successful clubs in the world ( Not Sevco ! ) sell their star players ; and those who remain for years mostly do so because they are earning ridiculous salaries ( and even then , some do not want to pay their taxes (Messi , Ronaldo etc... ).

I don't really empathise with modern day players who earn more in a week than I do in a year . I don't expect them to share my love of the club I grew up supporting through thick and thin ( and there was a lot of thin ); I don't begrudge any player who leaves to earn more money than I could even dream of - but that is football today .
It is not worth getting upset about - and it is certainly not worth falling out over , especially with your own friends and fellow supporters .
KT has left - the club are the richer for it and Lawwell's bonus for next year is secure (let us rejoice at that ! ). We have a plethora of talent at the club - some of them will leave too but the club goes on .

Loyalty is what WE have for the club we love - don't expect mere players to share that .

HH

When I was growing up almost every team had players who spent their entire careers with the one club . As wages were poor , a testimonial was a common reward for these long serving players .
It was not so much loyalty to one club that kept them but a variety of factors - low wages ( so many were working part-time as well ) , extended family were close by , travel beyond your own 'midden' was strange and exotic - so few did . Those were different times !

Today loyalty to one club is rare . Players live in a world were big money is freely available for talented players ( and for some with very little it appears ! ) ; travel around the globe is easy and taken for granted ; modern communications make it easier to keep in touch with family and friends like never before .
So player loyalty is a rare commodity and , more importantly , Club Loyalty is even rarer ! How many clubs will turn down obscene money in today's market .
Even the most successful clubs in the world ( Not Sevco ! ) sell their star players ; and those who remain for years mostly do so because they are earning ridiculous salaries ( and even then , some do not want to pay their taxes (Messi , Ronaldo etc... ).

I don't really empathise with modern day players who earn more in a week than I do in a year . I don't expect them to share my love of the club I grew up supporting through thick and thin ( and there was a lot of thin ); I don't begrudge any player who leaves to earn more money than I could even dream of - but that is football today .
It is not worth getting upset about - and it is certainly not worth falling out over , especially with your own friends and fellow supporters .
KT has left - the club are the richer for it and Lawwell's bonus for next year is secure (let us rejoice at that ! ). We have a plethora of talent at the club - some of them will leave too but the club goes on .

Loyalty is what WE have for the club we love - don't expect mere players to share that .

HH
Millay, I think with a few obvious exceptions, the only folk in football who are loyal are the fans and it's going to be that way from now till the day the ba's burst!

Today is match-day and we look forward now. We focus on the game and the team, and we support them regardless of anything that's gone before.

We all have to come together now and put the events of the last few days behind us. All the divisiveness, frustration and anger isn't going to change what has already happened and now we have to focus on and support whatever fine young men that will wear our jersey.

Some very good points have been made from all parts of the support on this subject previously, but it doesn't alter the outcome and today is a new day and a big one too. Our players are going to be exposed to physical threat and intimidation today, so we have to give them all the encouragement they deserve and need.

Terrific post, Millsy.......Mon Ra Hoops!!!

Back