Managed Decline

I would argue that Glasgow is not alone in its''managed decline '' but is certainly the most visible sign of the complete betrayal of a population by its supposed leaders - the people voted in to ''serve them ''.

Whether it was Tory Westminster or Labour Glasgow City Council ( run by Labour for over 5 decades during this ''decline'' ) both groups showed utter contempt for the people as they lined their own pockets and helped their family and friends .
How many Labour MPs , MSPs or councillors are related ?

The blatant corruption emanating today from Boris Johnson's Government is simply a Westminster version of what has gone on in local authorities for decades .

HH

Interesting read.
Power or the pursuit of power is what politicians do. Just like they have done for centuries. Football for me is one way to avoid having to listen to them. So if you"ll forgive me I will return this thread to the managed decline at parkhead. There has been lots of finger pointing with regards as to the disaster that has been this season, in my opinion this was due to the last few years of PL's tenure as ceo, and his propensity to safeguarding his bonus, as I have said in other posts we need a change in club constitution so that no board members can serve terms that have no restrictions "timewise". In business you will find that 6/7 years are normally the maximum amount of time that a board member serves. I do not see any reason we should be different. At 17 years PL became static in his thinking, falling back on old behaviours, the result of this resulted in loosing out on players that could have been great for the team. 2 examples "John Mcginn and Ivan toney" both of these players would have had excellent resale value given by their performances this season so again I suggest a change in how we operate at board level. HH.

Members online

Back