Manager to make tweaks, wants more physical power in the team. Where are we lacking in this department ?

Winter

We all heard him say that he wanted to see a more physically powerful Celtic side than we have at present.
That in order to achieve this it will require a few tweaks .

Who do you guys think this puts in jeopardy?

Off the top of my head I can see those words being taken especially seriously with guys like Kobayashi who out of nowhere near the end appeared to have lost about a stone and the ability he'd shown in previous games to keep his cool deserted him, hopefully just a blip after league was won..

Turnbull is another.
That point Rodgers made also alerted me to the possible departure of Oriley, hope I'm wrong and he wants to stay for his assists are off the charts ( ok top of them) only celt to feature in every league game at least last season.

Fabrizzio Romano ( guy in the know) reckons we will be tested for his services.
I hope he continues his superb development at Celtic and fancies another crack at the champions league again.

Not all players leaving us will be lucky enough to walk into a big leagues top 4 clubs like Juranovic.

My list > Kobayashi, Turnbull, Abada, Bernabei, Oriley. These bhoys are too often brushed off the ball Haksabanovic too at times.

Make or break season possibly for Turnbull, he's simply got to be better this season , more consistent, we know the ability is there.

I could see this heping Iwata , would Rodgers use him as an anchor in midfield releasing Calmac to play further forward?
His debut ½ a season impressed me.

Kyogo I feel like this doesn't apply to him such is his prowess and positioning nous in attack he's an exception.

Where are Celtic lacking in power?
Defending set pieces hasn't been our strong suit for some time that must improve.

Rodgers has as we've seen before, great man management skills and improves players much like Ange does,

If there is a shuffle on the field ( tweak) positionally can we maintain our pace going forward?

It's that time of year , no competitive games, so loads of posts about everything Celtic

Last edited:
We all heard him say that he wanted to see a more physically powerful Celtic side than we have at present.
That in order to achieve this it will require a few tweaks .

Who do you guys think this puts in jeopardy?

Off the top of my head I can see those words being taken especially seriously with guys like Kobayashi who out of nowhere near the end appeared to have lost about a stone and the ability he'd shown in previous games to keep his cool deserted him, hopefully just a blip after league was won..

Turnbull is another.
That point Rodgers made also alerted me to the possible departure of Oriley, hope I'm wrong and he wants to stay for his assists are off the charts ( ok top of them) only celt to feature in every league game at least last season.

Fabrizzio Romano ( guy in the know) reckons we will be tested for his services.
I hope he continues his superb development at Celtic and fancies another crack at the champions league again.

Not all leaving us will be lucky enough to walk into a big leagues top 4 clubs like Juranovic.

My list > Kobayashi, Turnbull, Abada, Bernabei, Oriley. These bhoys are too often brushed off the ball Haksabanovic too at times.

Make or break season possibly for Turnbull, he's simply got to be better this season , more consistent, we know the ability is there.

I could see this heping Iwata , would Rodgers use him as an anchor in midfield releasing Calmac to play further forward?
His debut season impressed me.

Kyogo I feel like this doesn't apply to him such is his prowess and positioning nous in attack he's an exception.

Where are Celtic lacking in power?
Defending set pieces hasn't been our strong suit for some time that must improve.

Rodgers has as we've seen before, great man management skills and improves players much like Ange does,

If there is a shuffle on the field ( tweak) positionally can we maintain our pace going forward?

It's that time of year , no competitive games, so loads of posts about everything Celtic
Midfield is lightweight.in Europe every team we play the opposition are taller and stronger.mcgregor is the only certain player to be playing come first game of the season. The other 2 positions are up for grabs.

Midfield is lightweight.in Europe every team we play the opposition are taller and stronger.mcgregor is the only certain player to be playing come first game of the season. The other 2 positions are up for grabs.
Welcome Mickj. I agree that we need the option of more physicality in our midfield. Not for every game but certainly for some matches.

We play football mate, not rugby, being small in stature didn’t do maradona, or messi any harm, dae yi expect Rodgers tae fill the team full of bobo balde’s and smash teams tae bits, the Wimbledon or Martin O’Neil type fitbaw is old hat, the top European team will just keep,the ball aff ye and pass through ye🤷‍♂️

Welcome to the Noise Mickj62 enjoy and pinches of salt.

This is why I mentioned Iwata, domestically he can play as our CDM and very well from what I've seen.

Thats the only thing is how little weve seen of him but he's managed to break the calmac, hatate, Oriley stranglehold on midfield and performed well at CB also.

He's still only 26/27 his best years and a big move yet left in front of him you'd think.

It's been argued that Iwata and Mooy broke Into the midfield by design rather than through mediocre performances , Ange's rotation system which worked incredibly well, meant that the former three were always going to require the back up , and so it proved.

Calmac was out for first time In his career, almost, Oriley definitely went missing after he wasnt called up to the Denmark squad, ambitious , seeing as he only decided he was Danish after joining Celtic.

If Iwata can add that injection of speed Calmac does when dictating the play that could release Calmac to play further forward though its all hypothetical and Rodgers may not want to mess around with calmacs position.

As long as we don't have to watch him play LB again we should be OK HH 🍀

Last edited:
Back