Matt O'Reilly

i have to say, from the first game i saw him, knew he was a player.
Sometimes you have low expectations because of the fee paid and where they came from..
but the beauty of this lad, we bought a player who plays the game Ange wants.
Thats where the kudos is earned by whoever put this lad forward.
Playing football and excelling in a league thats more Game of Thrones than the beautiful game, its harder to stick out. He walked straight in and has never looked back.
I notice that his pressing stats are high in relation to winning the ball back.
But the beauty for me is he rarely takes more than 2 touches and almost every pass is forward or wide into space for an attack down the flanks.
He has definitely lost a bit of weight this year.
IMO he will do well in CL for us. Finds space, receives and moves it on while making another run into space. If he plays his natural game, he will be a standout and i've no doubt he's going to go for massive profit.
But very level headed and i think we have someone, like Ange who appreciates where they've landed. At one of the great clubs in the world.

i have to say, from the first game i saw him, knew he was a player.
Sometimes you have low expectations because of the fee paid and where they came from..
but the beauty of this lad, we bought a player who plays the game Ange wants.
Thats where the kudos is earned by whoever put this lad forward.
Playing football and excelling in a league thats more Game of Thrones than the beautiful game, its harder to stick out. He walked straight in and has never looked back.
I notice that his pressing stats are high in relation to winning the ball back.
But the beauty for me is he rarely takes more than 2 touches and almost every pass is forward or wide into space for an attack down the flanks.
He has definitely lost a bit of weight this year.
IMO he will do well in CL for us. Finds space, receives and moves it on while making another run into space. If he plays his natural game, he will be a standout and i've no doubt he's going to go for massive profit.
But very level headed and i think we have someone, like Ange who appreciates where they've landed. At one of the great clubs in the world.
I thought he was going to be a longer term project - possibly having to go out on loan to get some gametime. Wow - did I get that very wrong. He settled immediately and contributed a lot to a league winning season. The bhoy is a star in the making.

He’s hit the ground running, hardest thing will be keeping a hold of him when the big clubs come calling….and they will, he’s become a fixture in the team, just goes to show you if your good enough you can excel here 💚
if you can play football which he can and you get to play football under a manager that plays the game his way no matter, then your going to excel playing to your strengths
last year when people were questioning the managers style in europe, they viewed his not for changing attitude as ignorance, but his players knew after say the 4-0 defeat at Parkhead, he could see it for what it was.
Aye we got beat 4-0 but we really gave them a game and could have won it.
When your manager really believes in his system and will take all the early knocks as he did, the players can go into training knowing that the manager really believes in himself and what hes doing. His confidence in himself and his ability transmits to them

Members online

Latest posts

Back