Mikey Johnston & Karamoko Dembele

Gary67

Both out for at least a month, possibly more.

Ange Postecoglou has revealed Mikey Johnston and Karamoko Dembele are set for an extended spell on the sidelines.

The Celtic duo both limped out of last week's friendly against Bristol City and the manager admits they face a "fairly significant" rehab period.
He could not put an exact timeframe on their return but indicated it will be over a month before either player will get back on the pitch.

Admitted that the tackle on Dembele was a shocker, and MJ just seems very unlucky with the injuries.
Even so, its more of an inconvenience for this European tie than anything else really, as I can only see the pair of them as bit part players used from the bench, hoping we don't have an injury plagued season like last season

Was shocking tackle I'm sure the prick that done him used to play up here for the sheep he was always a dirty bastard apparently 😡
With some of these Peepo, the word 'friendly' isn't part of their vocabulary
It's an exercise is doling out punishment for some of them, because they aren't capable of the skills other players are
Hopefully, the wee man is back to fighting for a place soon
As for Mikey J, he flatters to deceive, imho
Is there a strength and conditioning coach at the club ?
He needs to get his arse in gear if there is
He's too lightweight for the rigours of the SPFL and it's cluggers, it's always been that way and some can handle it, others can't
MJ, a talented Bhoy, but he's a featherweight, in a game for middle, and heavyweights
Again, hopefully he toughens up and uses his frustration and anger (I know I'd be pissed off) in a positive way, which is, get back and destroy these clowns, with his newfound strength, and durability
Best to both for a full and speedy recovery

HH

Last edited:
With some of these Peepo, the word 'friendly' isn't part of their vocabulary
It's an exercise is doling out punishment for some of them, because they aren't capable of the skills other players are
Hopefully, the wee man is back to fighting for a place soon
As for Mikey J, he flatters to deceive, imho
Is there a strength and conditioning coach at the club ?
He needs to get his arse in gear if there is
He's too lightweight for the rigours of the SPFL and it's cluggers, it's always been that way and some can handle it, others can't
MJ, a talented Bhoy, but he's a featherweight, in a game for middle, and heavyweights
Again, hopefully he toughens up and uses his frustration and anger (I know I'd be pissed off) in a positive way, which is, get back and destroy these clowns, with his newfound strength, and durability
Best to both for a full and speedy recovery

HH
Unfortunately for MJ being a speedy winger he's breaking doon too much don't think he will make it with us tbh

Young Demble pumped out by the looks of it he's hit the gym big time and gave himself a bit of strength to his game unfortunate about the tackle hope he makes a speedy recovery
as MJ , just don't see anything in him , to lightweight holds the ball to long and a bit of a jessie

Mikey J is starting to remind me of Ross Wallace - a young tricky winger with a lot of potential but not quite strong enough to deal with the rigours of Scottish football. I hope I am wrong and he overcomes being so injury-prone and goes onto become a big player for us because he certainly has the skills.

Young Demble pumped out by the looks of it he's hit the gym big time and gave himself a bit of strength to his game unfortunate about the tackle hope he makes a speedy recovery
as MJ , just don't see anything in him , to lightweight holds the ball to long and a bit of a jessie
Johnstones had his wan game v the FILTH bak in 2019, boys no got it!! 😏😏😏

Mikey J is starting to remind me of Ross Wallace - a young tricky winger with a lot of potential but not quite strong enough to deal with the rigours of Scottish football. I hope I am wrong and he overcomes being so injury-prone and goes onto become a big player for us because he certainly has the skills.
If he had the determination of wee Moffat he might make it, but he doesn't have it in him and until he bulks up a bit, he'll get shoved off the ball every time
Could be that he's listened to the hype of how good he is and has bought into it with out doing the hard work
Mon the Hoops

The tackle on Dembele was an assault that would have put most players out...but yes, Paper Mikey needs to toughen up if he's to make it
Do we not have a strength and conditioning coach? Get him bulked up. Christie was built like Johnston, went on loan to Aberdeen and put a fair bit of muscle. Do we not make the players hit the gym?

Back