Now that the dust has settled and the sun is shining again.

26+6=1

There are very many reasons why the 10 didn't happen and I've articulated some of the most cynical possibilities but that's not what this thread is about.
As Phil Coulter so eloquently wrote "what's done is done and what's won is won and what's lost is lost and gone forever". So no point dwelling on the past when we can focus on our bright future.
But here's the thing; we had an apparently minor setback in strategic terms. It was a bitter, short-term emotional blow but was it really a strategic setback? I don't think so; they put everything into stopping the ten and are now a spent force. Flocks of financial chickens are coming home to roost and the sugar daddies have diabetes.
We're making inwards to globally diverse markets and they are retreating into their xenophobic siege mentality.
There is only one truly global football team in Scotland and Scotland isn't big enough for us. Time to bury the relics of the past and take our place on the world stage; be it in the EPL or some sort of European super league. The undead weight is what is holding us back.

There are very many reasons why the 10 didn't happen and I've articulated some of the most cynical possibilities but that's not what this thread is about.
As Phil Coulter so eloquently wrote "what's done is done and what's won is won and what's lost is lost and gone forever". So no point dwelling on the past when we can focus on our bright future.
But here's the thing; we had an apparently minor setback in strategic terms. It was a bitter, short-term emotional blow but was it really a strategic setback? I don't think so; they put everything into stopping the ten and are now a spent force. Flocks of financial chickens are coming home to roost and the sugar daddies have diabetes.
We're making inwards to globally diverse markets and they are retreating into their xenophobic siege mentality.
There is only one truly global football team in Scotland and Scotland isn't big enough for us. Time to bury the relics of the past and take our place on the world stage; be it in the EPL or some sort of European super league. The undead weight is what is holding us back.
Think that was a vision DD and the traitor had but that's all gone up in smoke after the revolt shown within the EPL and the supporters.
Think now our focus has to be getting back the domestic dominance again, which looks a real reality now, with the way we're capable of playing again.
On the bigger picture, getting back to be challenging against the elite of Europe has to be a long term goal, and with the signings made and length of contracts offered, then I don't see why this can't become a reality either imo.

I'd like to think they're a spent force but money (probably dirty) always seems to turn up for them. They have lost money every year since their inception and it reeks of a Ponzie scheme.

Should we win the league this season, Slippy will be off and there won't be an automatic CL group for them to get a by into. That's why we have to have to win the league back this year, it's the way we will cripple them.

Our club is revered the world over unlike the racist deid klub and that is becoming more and more apparent, as we've seen and heard the racism, so have the rest of the world. They are indeed holding us back.

I;m keeping my powder dry until we've played them, I have no doubt we will blow them away and this week will see how much we have progressed.
They have not done much in terms of recruitment this summer because as you say it was all about stopping the 10. Never has a team gone a full season without a red card or a penalty against. Or indeed a positive Covid test last season, but by some miracle they did. Every dirty trick in the book every favour called in or asked for. The well is now dry and it's pay back time, they won by cheating, plain and simple.
As you say that's the past and we have moved on, in a way we had to. Otherwise we would still have Lawwell and Lennon and we would be going through the same old merry go round.
Id rather have our future than theirs.

I agree with those who want us out of this cesspit of a league…..but make no mistake the Huns will attempt to destroy all and sundry if we were to get the nod and they weren’t…..keep an eye on what’s happening with them and the “cinch” deal…..for it will have ramifications on every team in the league…..the sooner this rancid, racist, cheating, corrupt, scumbag club go out of existence the better…..then maybe Scotland can finally be allowed to evolve in to a modern, free thinking and civilised society…..devoid of their racial, sectarian and anti social behaviour…

Many moons ago when I was a young teenager back in the sixties and I was more interested in the Beatles and the Beatstalkers and followed them round scotland. There was a feeling of optimism in the air as we were all in work and there was this excitement that life was going to be better than it had ever been before. The music scene was a revolution, and women were leaving the kitchen sink in their droves as our hemlines got shorter.

Celtic were in the embryonic stages at that time and the Lisbon Lions were born and not long after we won the the big cup under the the great jock Stein.

But we all know what happened and there were dark days to follow politically that impacted on our lives and the sun went down on us for a time.

I’m going to be really brave here and say that the sun is back up and shining on us again after a long and weary winter of discontent.

That feeling that ‘optimism’ we had way back in the sixties when jock Stein came to manage Celtic is back again under Ange Postogoglu. I believe ‘we are on the road again’ and exciting times are ahead - just a 60’s feeling that I haven’t had since then. 💚

Many moons ago when I was a young teenager back in the sixties and I was more interested in the Beatles and the Beatstalkers and followed them round scotland. There was a feeling of optimism in the air as we were all in work and there was this excitement that life was going to be better than it had ever been before. The music scene was a revolution, and women were leaving the kitchen sink in their droves as our hemlines got shorter.

Celtic were in the embryonic stages at that time and the Lisbon Lions were born and not long after we won the the big cup under the the great jock Stein.

But we all know what happened and there were dark days to follow politically that impacted on our lives and the sun went down on us for a time.

I’m going to be really brave here and say that the sun is back up and shining on us again after a long and weary winter of discontent.

That feeling that ‘optimism’ we had way back in the sixties when jock Stein came to manage Celtic is back again under Ange Postogoglu. I believe ‘we are on the road again’ and exciting times are ahead - just a 60’s feeling that I haven’t had since then. 💚

Let the good times roll...

Think that was a vision DD and the traitor had but that's all gone up in smoke after the revolt shown within the EPL and the supporters.
Think now our focus has to be getting back the domestic dominance again, which looks a real reality now, with the way we're capable of playing again.
On the bigger picture, getting back to be challenging against the elite of Europe has to be a long term goal, and with the signings made and length of contracts offered, then I don't see why this can't become a reality either imo.
Defo want late stages of the europa to then get good enough to not get humped in the champs league groups....league and a good euro run got to be the minimum

Back