Rest In Peace king of chat shows

He was a wonderful chat show host. He was an old school journalist who did his homework on his guests and waals clever enough to think on his feet to react to where the conversation should go next. He made sure his guests were the stars by knowing when to speak and when to be quiet.

His early chats with Mohammed Ali were brilliant, especially when he stood up to Ali who insisted Parky had to be a racist because he was white.

You wouldn't get these types of interviews these days as stars are all media trained so the chat show has descended into a series of pre-agreed anecdotes between chummy lovies.

Rest in peace, Parky.

Aw I loved Parky. The amount of Hollywood royalty from the golden age of cinema he interviewed was astonishing. Without being intrusive or making it about himself Parky managed to get them to dish the secrets and gave the floor to the best raconteurs who delighted us with their anecdotes.

R.I.P. Parky. The stars welcome you today.

BBC tribute last night showed the STARS who he interviewed. Jimmy Cagney The Duke James Stewart Oor Billy C
But his favourite was a Holocaust survivor
Jacob Bronowski who did the Ascent of Man
And to see Dickie Byrd( cricket umpire) his close pal in tears at his friends passing.
My condolences to his Wife Mary and his son and daughters and his grandchildren.
You were one of a kind thank you for the great memories you gave. And as the big yin said to Emu
I’ll break your neck and his Arm.
Michael Parky Parkinson 👏👏👏
RIP 🙏

HH 😞

Last edited:
Back