Robbie Robertson RIP

Bellshill bhoy

Sad news today, Robbie Robertson has passed away aged 80, singer, songwriter and guitarist with the band, he played a huge part of my listening time in my formative years, their greatest hit’s album was never aff ma turntable, as was the video of the last waltz, the whole band were expert musicians, consummate stoners, probably the best in the folk rock style of Americana music

May eternal light shine upon him, may he rest in peace 🙏

Sad news today, Robbie Robertson has passed away aged 80, singer, songwriter and guitarist with the band, he played a huge part of my listening time in my formative years, their greatest hit’s album was never aff ma turntable, as was the video of the last waltz, the whole band were expert musicians, consummate stoners, probably the best in the folk rock style of Americana music

May eternal light shine upon him, may he rest in peace 🙏

Can't say I'm familiar with the man or his music , country has never been my thing but its always sad to hear someone's passed and others are in shock and pain may he rest in piece 🍀

Can't say I'm familiar with the man or his music , country has never been my thing but its always sad to hear someone's passed and others are in shock and pain may he rest in piece 🍀
I hate about 98.97% of all country music but love The Band.
The Band weren't country music.
The Band were just really good music.
RIP Robbie Robertson.

I hate about 98.97% of all country music but love The Band.
The Band weren't country music.
The Band were just really good music.
RIP Robbie Robertson.
Aye same mate though hate is a bit strong as I consider music to be a blessing and being able to create music a gift to the creator and the listener.

There are some country music tunes I like I won't deny that.

There are country singers I love to see yet I'm not overly keen on their music.

Why this is , I find difficult to pin down so I pin it up instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Screenshot_20230810_182224_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230810_182400_Google.jpg

You see my dilemma?

Wouldn’t say the band was country music, probably closer to the Eagles in musical terms, they were so respected in musical circles, that they’re last gig called the “last waltz” in San Francisco in 1976, a host of stars turned up to play a song with them, the whole show was filmed by Martin Scorsese, The Band were joined by more than a dozen special guests, including their previous employers Ronnie Hawkins and Bob Dylan, as well as Paul Butterfield, Bobby Charles, Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Ringo Starr, Muddy Waters, Ronnie Wood, and Neil Young.

Eric Clapton once asked if he could join the “band” but they refused him, if you get to watch the last waltz, check out his song with them, “further on up the road” he’s playing a solo and his guitar strap breaks, Robbie picks up the solo without missing a beat, also check out an oot his face preformance by van (the man) Morrison, and his chorus line high kicks, they has to digitally edit the whole of his song to remove a huge cocaine snottier hanging oot his nose

Everyone will know the songs “the weight” “ cripple creek” and “Evangeline” as the have been used inTv commercials throughout the years

Those with a boax should crack open a six pack or roll a big fat one and enjoy the ”last waltz” it’s a wee bit on musical history ❤️

Wouldn’t say the band was country music, probably closer to the Eagles in musical terms, they were so respected in musical circles, that they’re last gig called the “last waltz” in San Francisco in 1976, a host of stars turned up to play a song with them, the whole show was filmed by Martin Scorsese, The Band were joined by more than a dozen special guests, including their previous employers Ronnie Hawkins and Bob Dylan, as well as Paul Butterfield, Bobby Charles, Eric Clapton, Neil Diamond, Emmylou Harris, Dr. John, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Ringo Starr, Muddy Waters, Ronnie Wood, and Neil Young.

Eric Clapton once asked if he could join the “band” but they refused him, if you get to watch the last waltz, check out his song with them, “further on up the road” he’s playing a solo and his guitar strap breaks, Robbie picks up the solo without missing a beat, also check out an oot his face preformance by van (the man) Morrison, and his chorus line high kicks, they has to digitally edit the whole of his song to remove a huge cocaine snottier hanging oot his nose

Everyone will know the songs “the weight” “ cripple creek” and “Evangeline” as the have been used inTv commercials throughout the years

Those with a boax should crack open a six pack or roll a big fat one and enjoy the ”last waltz” it’s a wee bit on musical history ❤️
Just cos I am unaware of the BB don't mean I disregard them or dismiss them.

Creating music is a gift that brings joy to people universally.

Just popped into my head (idkw) but I actually know a couple of people who never listen to music and aren't interested in it, any of it which boggles my brain.

I mean each to their own etc but life without music to me is a life experience missed , I couldn't survive without music .

More importantly is there's a family out there suffering from a great great loss that emptiness can never be filled nor forgotten.
So just because I didn't know him or his music , I do know love, loss and music .
The loss of a loved one is so tragic and probably the worst sensation/emotion a human being with a heart can endure 🙏

Another Canadian music legend gone
Some great bands who have become world famous
One of the greatest is The Tragically Hip
Their lead singer Gord Downey was brilliant but sadly lost his battle with Cancer a few years ago
He performed one last tour and there's a couple of documentaries about the Hip...I believe Apple TV and YouTube will have them
The CBC did a documentary and it was both heartbreaking and heartwarming to see Gord interacting with the audience knowing this was his last gig
"They shot a movie once, in my hometown...everybody was in it, from miles around"...
54/40 is another great Canadian band
The last tour the Hip did, was beamed across the country, massive TV audience and there wasn't a dry eye in the house when Gordy sang Ahead by a century....
Music is the tie that binds, doesn't matter what you are into, everyone feels better having listened to their tunes

Last edited:
Just popped into my head (idkw) but I actually know a couple of people who never listen to music and aren't interested in it, any of it which boggles my brain.
Sounds like a sensory thing. Some people don't process music at all and most process it very little which explains the kind of shite you hear on the radio if unfortunate enough to be exposed.

Sounds like a sensory thing. Some people don't process music at all and most process it very little which explains the kind of shite you hear on the radio if unfortunate enough to be exposed.
For a minute I thought you were going to say , "sounds like a sensory thing- your boggled brain" 😅

Back