Soothing the fear of failure and it's only September.

26+6=1

According to 'Scottish Gossip' on the BBC website
Jason Trigger McAteer insists Steven Gerrard shouldn't be considered a failure as Sevco boss if he doesn't win a trophy this season.
This was in the Daily Rectal and it's interesting that they are soothing the Sevconsciousness before they've even been knocked out of any competitions yet. And such a sports luminary they chose to quote. Jason got his 'Trigger' nickname for his intellectual similarities with the Only Fools And Horses character of the same name.
I have to agree with Trig as Slippy G is only in his 2nd year of management of a 7 year old club with no money. He is up against experienced managers at established clubs and Celtic in particular have the considerable sporting advantage of fuckloads more money.
It's always possible that Slippy's own PR people were behind the piece in an effort to protect his brand from the inevitability of not winning any trophies......see how I didn't use the 'f' word there Slippy's PR people if you're throwing any more of that Trigger money around.
There was some other mad squirrel shite in there about Celtic being head-to-head with Sevco over some £2 million Dundee United player. I guffawed heartily at the pretence of Sevco having 2 mill or Celtic having room to accommodate all the Dundonians they would get for 2 mill.

We dont need to shell out any money for strikers.
Tonight...I think it was Raith Rovers...???
Young Bhoy Afolabi strikes again,and to cap it all Young Bhoy Dembelle on the score sheet also..
Afolabi is a 19 year old Irish 6ft 2" striker who is a very powerful Bhoy with pace to burn..
Looking forward to when Lenny unleashes this Bhoy Dembelle,,, this Bhoy has the talent to get 60,000 supporters off their feet every time he touches the ball,,confidence in abundance and from what I saw at the Celtic v Hearts game he will be a massive recruit to the first team..
HH.

We dont need to shell out any money for strikers.
Tonight...I think it was Raith Rovers...???
Young Bhoy Afolabi strikes again,and to cap it all Young Bhoy Dembelle on the score sheet also..
Afolabi is a 19 year old Irish 6ft 2" striker who is a very powerful Bhoy with pace to burn..
Looking forward to when Lenny unleashes this Bhoy Dembelle,,, this Bhoy has the talent to get 60,000 supporters off their feet every time he touches the ball,,confidence in abundance and from what I saw at the Celtic v Hearts game he will be a massive recruit to the first team..
HH.
Looking forward to seeing Jonathan make his senior debut and with the number of games coming up with EL etc we should expect to see more of the exciting young players who are on the verge of bursting through.

Looking forward to seeing Jonathan make his senior debut and with the number of games coming up with EL etc we should expect to see more of the exciting young players who are on the verge of bursting through.
I am excited just thinking about them,I believe we have 4-5 who could do a job now,Henderson,Oko Flex,Afolabi,Dembelle,Burt..
Big Pete will be drooling over these Bhoys,,the man only sees £ signs but to be fair that is his job..
HH.

I am excited just thinking about them,I believe we have 4-5 who could do a job now,Henderson,Oko Flex,Afolabi,Dembelle,Burt..
Big Pete will be drooling over these Bhoys,,the man only sees £ signs but to be fair that is his job..
HH.
Don't forget young Frimfrong who has already had first team football and there's another couple or three Irish lads.

We are the champions
We control our future
We honour our past
Not for us the uncertainty
Of pretenders who won't last.

This went off on a tangent that I’ve been thinking about for a while. Development of young players through to the first team. One big thing that potentially hinders this is that they don’t seem to play very many games. That’s bizarre to me. Surely the more games you play the better you get.

This went off on a tangent that I’ve been thinking about for a while. Development of young players through to the first team. One big thing that potentially hinders this is that they don’t seem to play very many games. That’s bizarre to me. Surely the more games you play the better you get.
it's the system that's phuqed TTQ,we don't have a reserve or development league as such,when they do play it's teams of the same age,if we could play a B team in say, the lowland league, they could get " real fitba" experience,won't hold ma breath though.

it's the system that's phuqed TTQ,we don't have a reserve or development league as such,when they do play it's teams of the same age,if we could play a B team in say, the lowland league, they could get " real fitba" experience,won't hold ma breath though.
Absolutely. But we don’t need to conform to that sure Michael. If CFC invite you to play you play. We need to make sure we’re getting our players of all age groups on the pitch as often as possible.

kinda started years ago wi' the "s" form signings,ye could only play for your club,you could'nt play for boy's club,sunday league, amateurs,which used to be the pathway for development,no coincidence that there was a decline in the amount of talent coming through. HH
Definitely and it needs to change. Everyone complains that kids aren't out as much now but if clubs are basically controlling what the do in their spare time from such young age. They may lose out on their dream for having a kickabout with their mates or eating a mars bar ffs.

Definitely and it needs to change. Everyone complains that kids aren't out as much now but if clubs are basically controlling what the do in their spare time from such young age. They may lose out on their dream for having a kickabout with their mates or eating a mars bar ffs.
sad but feckin true!

Members online

Latest posts

Back