Squad for Europe

Gary67

With only 17 non association trained players allowed in squad of 25, and us now having 23 of these players in the first team squad, which 6 will miss out?

23 Non Association Trained Players
Hart, Siegrist, Johnston, Bernabei, CCV, Nawrocki, Lagerbielke, Phillips, Kpbayashi, Scales, O'RIley, Hatate, Iwata, Kwon, Bernardo, Holm, Abada, Tilio, Yang, Palma, Maeda, Kyogo, Oh

9 Association/Academy Trained Players
McGregor, Forrest, Ralston, Welsh, Johnston, Taylor, Turnbull, Bain, McCarthy. Welsh will be omitted as he's out for 3-4 months.

6 Non Association Players to miss out?
Kobayashi, now 6th choice CH
Kwon, not nearly ready for SPFL let alone Europe
Tilio, still injured
Nawrocki, will miss first 4 games due to injury and Phillips is essentially his replacement
Siegrist, a risk but using up a space for a 3rd choice keeper not a good use of resources
Bernabei, can't defend, can't pass, no discipline, Scales can cover LB position

Leaves a squad of
Hart Bain
A. Johnston Ralston Taylor Scales CCV Phillips Lagerbielke
McGregor Hatate O'Riley Holm Turnbull Bernardo Iwata McCarthy
Abada Yang Palma Forrest Maeda Kyogo Oh M. Johnston

McCarthy & MJ making up the numbers. CCV included in the hope he's available for last 3 games.

I'd be surprised if we went with only 2 keepers, even though you are correct in that we almost certainly will never need a third one. I don't know who I'd leave out to make way for him. Is Iwata fit yet? I was thinking he might be a crucial defensive midfielder for Europe but he was still out injured.

I would have expected Bernabei to be included in the squad, but Scales showed what he is capable of on Sunday - especially when we are having to defend under pressure. As you say, he is an option for left back as well. Personally I'm with you and I'd select Liam for this place.

There will be a "B"squad you can mention which will include at least 2 younger keepers, that can be promoted if injurys occur, although I tend to think we will go with 3 keepers, especially as our 2nd and 3rd choice would qualify as Association trained.

Back