Sydney Cup with Inter Milan?

lcafiero

I hadn't seen a thread on this -- and it's completely possible that I missed it -- but there are rumors floating around that Inter Milan is replacing the Huns in the Sydney Cup (and on this, the eve of the anniversary of the Lisbon victory in 1967). Imagine how much better a Sydney Cup tournament would be with a historically relevant club like Inter participating. Anyone else see anything on this?

[Also, as an aside, we get a few of Europe's best on our shores this summer. Barca and Real Madrid will be playing a match in Las Vegas -- only an 8-hour drive from here -- and Juventus is also joining those two teams in playing a bunch of friendlies with MLS teams around the states. Celtic should definitely get in on that kind of deal in the future . . . ]

I hadn't seen a thread on this -- and it's completely possible that I missed it -- but there are rumors floating around that Inter Milan is replacing the Huns in the Sydney Cup (and on this, the eve of the anniversary of the Lisbon victory in 1967). Imagine how much better a Sydney Cup tournament would be with a historically relevant club like Inter participating. Anyone else see anything on this?

[Also, as an aside, we get a few of Europe's best on our shores this summer. Barca and Real Madrid will be playing a match in Las Vegas -- only an 8-hour drive from here -- and Juventus is also joining those two teams in playing a bunch of friendlies with MLS teams around the states. Celtic should definitely get in on that kind of deal in the future . . . ]
Mibbe give you the opportunity to go see us live. Would be awesome mate.đź‘Ť

It would be a nice one. Old memories from days past, new memories to make with Ange going home. A good feeling after a good year. A nice start without pressure for next season. An opportunity to further enhance our global reputation. Yep.

Would be a fitting tribute to our greatest ever achievement 50 years on.
Still an achievement that doesn't get the recognition that it deserves and will never be rivaled also, so a part of football history that should be promoted more so, and who better to do so than against Milan.
Now I know this tour is meant to be about Ange homecoming, but I do believe that what Ange has achieved this season, is possibly the biggest achievement for our club, since that famous day, due to where we were as a club, until he walked through the doors of the club imo.
So would be a very fitting tribute imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Back