The CelticBlog Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Forrest

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Staff member
Guys, this is the CelticBlog section of the site, and from now on I'm going to post all the articles from the site here.

Contributions are welcome from all current members. And new members who might want to join in.

But there are gonna be rules on this segment, and I'll outline them briefly;

1) No personal attacks will be permitted.

Critique the articles and debate each other's views, but no personal attacks either on the article writers or other posters.

2) Use certain words at your own risk.

There are certain words and phrases which are frequently thrown around on social media which, on Facebook anyway, are banned from casual use. The most obvious one is the H word, which I suggest you use only in a very specific context. Nobody is getting booted for using it, but people are always watching so use it at your own risk. That's important to note.

3) No dictating what is posted on the Blog.

The CelticBlog is often miscategorised as a "Celtic site." t's not entirely inaccurate but in fact, it's always been a "Scottish football site from a Celtic perspective." Which is why we often post on other clubs, the media, refs, football politics and other issues. If you aren't happy with a subject matter, skip it. No moaning or using terms like "who cares?" Just because YOU don't, don't presume other people feel the same way.

4) Keep to the topic guys! :)

Every article will be a seperate thread on a specific subject. If we can keep to the point that'd be nice :)

5) Don't assume I'm gonna read every comment!

I'll be honest guys, I very rarely read the comments on my articles. There are two reasons why. The first is obvious; it's not good for a writer to be overly concerned what people are writing about his or her work. You can lose focus. Or you can lose your shit! So I will pop in from time to time but in the main I'll leave you guys to the discussions without my input. The second reason is this; I do the writing thing full time, and if I'm not writing I'm looking for stuff to write about or researching something for an article or something of that nature ... I don't have a lot of time to get involved in posting regularly, which actually makes me sad because I do like a good debate and a discussion. Nevertheless, I will be keeping an eye on things and will rely on good people on here to keep me informed as to violations of the above four rules ... so this won't turn into a a rabble!

6) Remember what side we're on ....

We can disagree. God knows we will! That's a certainty. But at the end of the day one thing brings us all here; we love Celtic. Remember that when things get a bit heated and heavy, and consider why we have Rule 1. We're all part of this Family, we're all on the same side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back