The change in the mindset of football fans .

I found some interesting stats about attendance at football games as a % of national population. In Scotland 3.6% of the population regularly attend matches. In England the figure is 2.79. The only places with a higher % are Faroe Islands 10%, Iceland 4.22% and Cyprus 4.03%.
We are one of the most football mad nations in the world and have one of the worst TV deals in Europe.
The people running our game do it and us a great disservice.
Dont know if this is true or not but someone said to me that Celtic made more from Sydney Cup than they do from Sky. Is that true?
Yep Celtic made over 7mil for the two games in Sydney and only 3.5m for winning SPL. Of the 41.5 k at the Everton game 40K was Celtic fans.
Local media said that the organizers of the Sydney Cup are suing the huns for 1.5m.

Ha Ha I can't believe someone else thinks like me about Paddy Crerand after all these years. I was still at school but knew how much we would miss his skills especially picking out a pass anywhere in the field.
It was only recently watching a documentary on him on ManU TV that he said Celtic sold him he didn't ask for a move, like they did to so many talented Celts.
I should of known that as it was the Kelly/White days.
Why do I think of Trump when I think of the Kelly/Whites days?
Quite reassuring to know there are a few Noisers of my generation still with the cognitive ability to remember the good old days.
In the interest of fairness, let me say it wasn't all bad; remember please, we did sign household names like, Bobby Craig, Paddy Turner, and Hugh Maxwell ! Heady stuff indeed.

Found this article on one football app which seems to be aligned very much with your post Frank.

Mbappe, Haaland, Foden: Who is the most valuable player from each European country? via @OneFootball.

Mibbes sue them for plagiarism and stealing a march on your idea? 😛

Edit: this is going on nationalities rather than domestic leagues which would be interesting to see what they reckon the value differences are between countries rather than a countries player.

Doesnt mean its correct either way

Last edited:
Found this article on one football app which seems to be aligned very much with your post Frank.

Mbappe, Haaland, Foden: Who is the most valuable player from each European country? via @OneFootball.

Mibbes sue them for plagiarism and stealing a march on your idea? 😛

Edit: this is going on nationalities rather than domestic leagues which would be interesting to see what they reckon the value differences are between countries rather than a countries player.

Doesnt mean its correct either way
Is fat Alfie in it 🤔

Quite reassuring to know there are a few Noisers of my generation still with the cognitive ability to remember the good old days.
In the interest of fairness, let me say it wasn't all bad; remember please, we did sign household names like, Bobby Craig, Paddy Turner, and Hugh Maxwell ! Heady stuff indeed.
I remember when king Kenny was sold to Liverpool and he says the first he knew of it was when the Kelly’s had phoned him an hour earlier to tell him he had been sold 😡

Members online

Latest posts

Back