The circle of life

Smelltheg-love

I have 2 kids. I may have mentioned it. They’re young, 6&8. Two girls aye but my mums early warning system, you never get two the same’ was spot on. I have barber and Ken/chalk n cheese.
As any faither will testify, being a dad is a blessing and to be honest, your life can be defined in two circumstances from then on,
What went before, you quickly forget. Another life and a new you starts from then …
At first you struggle with it as it’s almost as though someone turns on an emotional tap you never knew existed before.
You theorise that being a good dad means X,Y,Z. You soon realise that you have no fucking clue what your doing. You watch this blessing grow and eventually realise the only 2-3 years of your life you can’t really remember is being played out in front of your eyes and your ringside. It’s fascinating as fuck. I always viewed my kids early years as filling in the gaps….
I swear I ain’t brining up robots. I had a maw n paw that had 3 kids by 23. They grafted like fuck and to them right was right and wrong was not good. They were the perfect folks and I have no cause to complain, some weren’t so lucky. It was difficult though, it was almost impersonal. They were selfless but fucking strict. I realised many years later, when you haven’t a fucking clue or a book to guide, you fall back onto your own experiences. I was brought up this way. while they fucking hated their upbringing, it’s all they knew and at least they had a measure.
While I wasn’t exactly a problem child, I was difficult. You better be in for 10 meant 10.30 to me.
Many years later and in their position, I see it for what it was.
I have a great relationship with them, out of their 3 kids, I gave them the most grief.
They owe me nothing and I owe them everything. I’ve had this thought and followed it for 3-4 years now. The greatest gift I can give them is my time and appreciation. So I spend more time with them than anyone else.
I’ve came to realise that when you have 2 kids grown up that give fuck all back, just having one that does…. Whether they think of the 2 ungrateful cunts or the golden child I don’t know
I once thought that my greatest joy was in being a father, but my kids have it all to come, a life to live and it will be a happy one thanks to the luck life has shown me ….
Being a dad has taught me how lucky I had it and who i am as a result …… joy is giving back to those that gave you everything good they had to give and then some
There’s pride in being a good dad, but there’s a joy in becoming what 2 people spent decades trying to mould

Be thankful for those that gave their lives work for you

I have 2 kids. I may have mentioned it. They’re young, 6&8. Two girls aye but my mums early warning system, you never get two the same’ was spot on. I have barber and Ken/chalk n cheese.
As any faither will testify, being a dad is a blessing and to be honest, your life can be defined in two circumstances from then on,
What went before, you quickly forget. Another life and a new you starts from then …
At first you struggle with it as it’s almost as though someone turns on an emotional tap you never knew existed before.
You theorise that being a good dad means X,Y,Z. You soon realise that you have no fucking clue what your doing. You watch this blessing grow and eventually realise the only 2-3 years of your life you can’t really remember is being played out in front of your eyes and your ringside. It’s fascinating as fuck. I always viewed my kids early years as filling in the gaps….
I swear I ain’t brining up robots. I had a maw n paw that had 3 kids by 23. They grafted like fuck and to them right was right and wrong was not good. They were the perfect folks and I have no cause to complain, some weren’t so lucky. It was difficult though, it was almost impersonal. They were selfless but fucking strict. I realised many years later, when you haven’t a fucking clue or a book to guide, you fall back onto your own experiences. I was brought up this way. while they fucking hated their upbringing, it’s all they knew and at least they had a measure.
While I wasn’t exactly a problem child, I was difficult. You better be in for 10 meant 10.30 to me.
Many years later and in their position, I see it for what it was.
I have a great relationship with them, out of their 3 kids, I gave them the most grief.
They owe me nothing and I owe them everything. I’ve had this thought and followed it for 3-4 years now. The greatest gift I can give them is my time and appreciation. So I spend more time with them than anyone else.
I’ve came to realise that when you have 2 kids grown up that give fuck all back, just having one that does…. Whether they think of the 2 ungrateful cunts or the golden child I don’t know
I once thought that my greatest joy was in being a father, but my kids have it all to come, a life to live and it will be a happy one thanks to the luck life has shown me ….
Being a dad has taught me how lucky I had it and who i am as a result …… joy is giving back to those that gave you everything good they had to give and then some
There’s pride in being a good dad, but there’s a joy in becoming what 2 people spent decades trying to mould

Be thankful for those that gave their lives work for you
Nice sentiment well put!!!noo bed🥴

Back