The European Gulf

The fact that UEFA have us playing more qualifiers with the last of them probably going to be against a club with far more money than us is a real problem, any repeat of the last summer transfer window and we'll be in trouble, we have to get the players in as early as possible to give us any chance of making it to the champions league, if we go another couple of years without making it thats a big problem, but back Brendan well and our odds improve big time, this season after a poor start we've done well to be playing european football after Christmas which will cushion the blow a wee bit, I don't like the sound of uefa's plans for the future, seem to be watering down competitions for the countries outside the big 5, if it ends up the main cup competition is a closed shop that going to be a nightmare for teams with a sizeable wage bill.

These statistics are an eye-opener !
Clearly Salzburg and Leipzig were above average opponents - I wonder where Sevco's opponents would appear in this graph ?
Having watched some of their games , my guess would be that they were no better than the average Scottish opposition .

Back