They’ve still won nothing !!

All right They’ve had their wee day in the sun
But - they’ve still won nothing A tad disappointed but hey we are the Champions A treble in the offing CL group stage I bet any of them would swap positions with us in a heartbeat
Nothing came in financially today, they won a meaningless game. already they have Cantwell now a 25 mill player, we know how that worked out last time. Would I swap a victory over the hun or take a potential treble.:cool:

Just arrived at our wee rented cottage on Arran, so didn't know the final score until now. Obviously disappointed, but not having watched the game I can't comment on individuals.
If I'm honest, though, it's not the defeat itself that surprises me, no, it's the margin of defeat. I said not so long ago that I felt we needed to have a discussion regarding the squad as a whole. Even if we'd have won today I would still feel the same.
Overall, I'm delighted with where we are as a club; it would be very harsh to say anything else. A potential treble speaks for itself. Today's result will, I'm sure be no barrier to continued progress.

Don't think I can be arsed watching it now, though.

Just arrived at our wee rented cottage on Arran, so didn't know the final score until now. Obviously disappointed, but not having watched the game I can't comment on individuals.
If I'm honest, though, it's not the defeat itself that surprises me, no, it's the margin of defeat. I said not so long ago that I felt we needed to have a discussion regarding the squad as a whole. Even if we'd have won today I would still feel the same.
Overall, I'm delighted with where we are as a club; it would be very harsh to say anything else. A potential treble speaks for itself. Today's result will, I'm sure be no barrier to continued progress.

All that changed today for Beale.

Untitled.jpg

Never seen it too frank, I’m at a music festival in Kelso, wasn’t a good signal phone was constantly buffering, so couldn’t be arsed, I’d predicted a 3-1 defeat, but in the end couldn’t even score a goal 🤷‍♂️

Disappointed but ...let's not get carried away with criticism of players./management .

Remember , 3 out of 4 of our back line was missing today , we missed a couple of great chances despite having few shots at goal , some of the players did look as if they were already on their hols !

Happy to take the hit if it has the desired effect of ridding us ( players , management and fans ) of any complacency .
To put the Devil's Hoard to the sword we must be eternally vigilant - never give them any hope - which means always play each game as if it was the League decider . We didn't do that today - but they played as if it was a Cup Final , and for them ( poor sad souls ) it was !

This will convince them that they are a match for us next season - and their Board will use this result to penny-pinch on new recruits - so that's good news .

Looking forward to the next few weeks and a TREBLE , while Sevco will be decorating their Closing the Gap Cup !

HH

Disappointed but ...let's not get carried away with criticism of players./management .

Remember , 3 out of 4 of our back line was missing today , we missed a couple of great chances despite having few shots at goal , some of the players did look as if they were already on their hols !

Happy to take the hit if it has the desired effect of ridding us ( players , management and fans ) of any complacency .
To put the Devil's Hoard to the sword we must be eternally vigilant - never give them any hope - which means always play each game as if it was the League decider . We didn't do that today - but they played as if it was a Cup Final , and for them ( poor sad souls ) it was !

This will convince them that they are a match for us next season - and their Board will use this result to penny-pinch on new recruits - so that's good news .

Looking forward to the next few weeks and a TREBLE , while Sevco will be decorating their Closing the Gap Cup !

HH
Agree with much of what you say, Mills, but I'm not one for kidding myself; we need to take the next step. We need to improve.

Latest posts

Back