We have plenty of songs which can't cause offence

BILLCOWIE1958

As a Club and a support we have so many songs that we sing
Some Rebel some Irish history some Political some Celtic and others that we have picked up along the way

There are many which couldn't shock even the most delicate of snowflakes AND we sing most of them every week at matches

We laugh and lap up how the HUNS have been quite rightly sanctioned by UEFA and not before time
However now that Pandora's Box has been well and truly opened how long will it be before our own Club is examined by UEFA or even the SFA if UEFA instruct them to come down hard on the HUNS?

If The SFA are instructed by their overseers to punish the HUNS do you honestly believe that the SFA won't be looking to balance things up by ensuring that we are not let off the hook

We can head them off at the pass by singing many of the songs from our repertoire which cannot be construed as offensive racial bigoted or rebel/political

The difference between us and the HUNS' repertoire is that they only have about half a dozen songs and all but Penny Arcade are offensive The reason they sing Penny Arcade is offensive but the song isn't while we have amazing songs like YNWA which I think is the greatest feel good song ever The Celtic Song Willie Maley Let The People Sing/This Land Celtic My Heart and My Soul Glasgow"s Green and White Over and Over and I'm just skimming the top of the barrel If we don't" change our outlook some of us may end up in the
BAR-L

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Rebel songs both singing them and listening to them but not at football matches Before or after in the pub or wherever with like minded people absolutely no problem with that whatsoever

Does it make me any less of a Celtic fan because I think this way? Definitely not Does it make whoever sing these songs any more of a Celtic fan? Definitely not
Will not singing these songs harm our Club? Again definitely not Will our Club suffer by these songs being sung? Watch this space because I believe the thin end of the wedge is now in place and it's only going to be inserted further

We criticise the HUNS for singing their songs but they claim that they are proclaiming their culture Unfortunately their culture is inhumane bigoted mercenary and should be confined to the history books of almost 350 years ago But as I said earlier They have nothing else to sing about and they don"t care who they offend by trying to enforce there culture beliefs and outlook on life on others

I"d like to think that we are better than that I know I am It"s the way that I was raised and very possibly because I"m the product of a mixed marriage as are my kids
Respect others and treat people as you would wish to be treated yourself that's my philosophy

Their religion and religious orders and institutions as well as their extinct Club's policies are to blame for the way they act What would ours be?

HH?

Last edited:
Back