Whatever happened to, The Shirt Doesn't Shrink.

Theverdict1

I always thought that summed us up. I always try to remove emotion when looking at a player and deciding if he fits that quote. It doesnt matter if I like them.as people, good lads etc, its always, are you good enough?

Over the last ten years, and more if I'm honest, I've watched that quote being dismantled, forgotten and at times shat on.
There have been more punts than in a bookies on Grand National.Day. Players who arrive as a work in progress, one for the future, rough around the edges, all euphamisms for, pish we hope come good. A very limited few do. Very limited.

Our club seem to have given up trying, not to win the CL, but even to.qualify. year on year we all know the positions needing improved. We either, do fuck all until it's too late, or buy a dud for a couple of million, pay them.then let them.go. then we repeat the same plan every year, costing is over 100m in the last three years alone.

We keep getting fucked because we always have weaknesses in the team that bargain buys seldom fix. If ever.

Today is just another consequence of the buy cheap and hope, modus operandi.

That famous sign inside Celtic Park.that states rhe shirt doesnt shrink needs to be taken down. It's now a lie. A blatant untruth. I have had a long day of thinking. My conclusion? We dont have a given to qualify for the CL and as we do nothing in time to help us, we not only will never qualify, we fucking dont deserve to. We have the finest CL atmosphere and support to make the competition special, but, we are led by short term, risk averse suits.

I have to concede reluctantly that as long as the let's wait and hope board are in Situ,there isnt any point in railing. They will destroy our supremacy at home, then retire on a fortune stolen from our bank account.

It's a sad say. And my fear is, its only going to get worse. That sign should be replaced by.

Celtic: We Dont Care How bad you are. If you're cheap we will buy you.

Or, Celtic: Never mind our reputation, as long as Lawell gets his bonus.

I've run out of hope things will change.

Whatever happened to 'The Shirt Doesn't Shrink'?

DD, Lawell and their merry band of 'Don't give a fucks' started doing the washin TV that's what happened!

One thing I would disagree on is that the Celtic board are risk averse......they're not because that would imply that they 'want' to do what is necessary to enhance the team but are too afraid to do it when in truth I don't think they really give that much of a fuck about doing what is necessary and are only driven by their desire to turn players into profit.

They're happy with that set-up, that's their strategy......

SNBBTW.jpg

I always thought that summed us up. I always try to remove emotion when looking at a player and deciding if he fits that quote. It doesnt matter if I like them.as people, good lads etc, its always, are you good enough?

Over the last ten years, and more if I'm honest, I've watched that quote being dismantled, forgotten and at times shat on.
There have been more punts than in a bookies on Grand National.Day. Players who arrive as a work in progress, one for the future, rough around the edges, all euphamisms for, pish we hope come good. A very limited few do. Very limited.

Our club seem to have given up trying, not to win the CL, but even to.qualify. year on year we all know the positions needing improved. We either, do fuck all until it's too late, or buy a dud for a couple of million, pay them.then let them.go. then we repeat the same plan every year, costing is over 100m in the last three years alone.

We keep getting fucked because we always have weaknesses in the team that bargain buys seldom fix. If ever.

Today is just another consequence of the buy cheap and hope, modus operandi.

That famous sign inside Celtic Park.that states rhe shirt doesnt shrink needs to be taken down. It's now a lie. A blatant untruth. I have had a long day of thinking. My conclusion? We dont have a given to qualify for the CL and as we do nothing in time to help us, we not only will never qualify, we fucking dont deserve to. We have the finest CL atmosphere and support to make the competition special, but, we are led by short term, risk averse suits.

I have to concede reluctantly that as long as the let's wait and hope board are in Situ,there isnt any point in railing. They will destroy our supremacy at home, then retire on a fortune stolen from our bank account.

It's a sad say. And my fear is, its only going to get worse. That sign should be replaced by.

Celtic: We Dont Care How bad you are. If you're cheap we will buy you.

Or, Celtic: Never mind our reputation, as long as Lawell gets his bonus.

I've run out of hope things will change.
Totally agree TV. Big jock would never tried to sign "stop gaps" or projects. It's the fekn basis of our club. Yes the money side has changed but the mindset of our club should never deviate from our original values. We, the supporters and in truth we are the investors in our club deserve much more.

All I can say is thank fuck for Craig Whyte, haha the Record stating he was a banned director of 15 years, it was not for sinking the hun, that was Murray not his way and not guilty, so if he was banned as a director so is all the other board which points to the huns of today are not the huns of yesterday and King etc are onboard a new club and company, more to come on Duff and duffers claim and the exposure of the masonic hand of justice.

Last edited:
All I can say is thank fuck for Craig Whyte, haha the Record stating he was a banned director of 15 years, it was not for sinking the hun, that was Murray not his way and not guilty, so if he was banned as a director so is all the other board which points to the huns of today are not the huns of yesterday and King etc are onboard a new club and company, more to come on Duff and duffers claim and the exposure of the masonic hand of justice.

Good stuff Boab,'lest they forget'!

Back