Worst Celtic signing ever

Pure pish as well. Fk we have signed some dross.... but never 12 million on tore andre flo haha
That's an interesting point in how football can change , back in the 90s the Glasgow rangers (mostly) but Celtic also even hearts to a degree were big spenders 12mill rangers took Chelseas no1 striker and others Celtic also buying EPL players thats all changed I hope the state of the financial part of the game also changes again

Teemu pukki (We all know that the boycan play it's why we signed him) perfect example of big jocks quote "the jersey doesn't shrink to fit inferior players" it's all well and fine scoring regularly in the championship but will he do it in the EPL? I doubt it. He's a goid player but if we brought him back id bet we'd get the same results lets be honest playing in front of a Norwich provincial club is nothing compared to playing for one of the 22 champions cup/CL winners

Stuart Slater was a poor buy, not because the lad wasn't a decent player (in very small flashes), but just because he didn't fit in with anything we needed at that particular time, especially for the money we spent on him.

The huns were filled with hammer-throwers and Celtic needed a bit more steel and dig. Wee Slater had all the physical presence of a paperweight and it just didn't work out for the player or club.

Celtic have signed worse players, so I guess it defeats the purpose of the thread, but it highlights how we were throwing money at all the wrong things at that time.

I'm not going to mention Carl Muggleton or Wayne Biggins (ooops, too late), it wasn't their fault that they got asked to sign for a footballing giant, but there were some strange signings through the Brady/Macari era that just didn't make any sense.

Stuart Slater was a poor buy, not because the lad wasn't a decent player (in very small flashes), but just because he didn't fit in with anything we needed at that particular time, especially for the money we spent on him.

The huns were filled with hammer-throwers and Celtic needed a bit more steel and dig. Wee Slater had all the physical presence of a paperweight and it just didn't work out for the player or club.

Celtic have signed worse players, so I guess it defeats the purpose of the thread, but it highlights how we were throwing money at all the wrong things at that time.

I'm not going to mention Carl Muggleton or Wayne Biggins (ooops, too late), it wasn't their fault that they got asked to sign for a footballing giant, but there were some strange signings through the Brady/Macari era that just didn't make any sense.
Ooft biggins ?

When at Uni I worked part time in an expensive clothes shop part time and sold Cascerino a Boss suit. I was talking to him and he asked how I thought he was doing.

You need to score more goals. That’s what you’re here for.

He looked great in the suit though.

Members online

Latest posts

Back