£25,000 a week?

I had this conversation with my mate. He said if offered £25000 grand a week he would bite his bosses hand aff. What am I supposed to do he said, tell my boss he is a rotten bastard, what do ye mean £25k ya cheeky bastard, I'm insulted by that, it's just wrong, dinna want yer money. I quit.
Not one of us would do that, he said.
I kinda agree to a certain extent, it would be hard to refuse that money.
But at the same time I know it's immoral to pay a football player more in a week than a nurse earns in a year. It cannot be right.
I saw an article about the change brought about by the abolition of the maximum wage in football. Jimmy Hill was at the head of the campaign.
Back in the day the average for top players was three or four times the average national wage. I dread to think how many times ye would have to multiply the average wage to get anywhere near the earnings of top players these days, hundreds probably.
In conclusion, I share the outrage of Finbarmuldoon but not sure I could refuse the shekels if offered.

I had this conversation with my mate. He said if offered £25000 grand a week he would bite his bosses hand aff. What am I supposed to do he said, tell my boss he is a rotten bastard, what do ye mean £25k ya cheeky bastard, I'm insulted by that, it's just wrong, dinna want yer money. I quit.
Not one of us would do that, he said.
I kinda agree to a certain extent, it would be hard to refuse that money.
But at the same time I know it's immoral to pay a football player more in a week than a nurse earns in a year. It cannot be right.
I saw an article about the change brought about by the abolition of the maximum wage in football. Jimmy Hill was at the head of the campaign.
Back in the day the average for top players was three or four times the average national wage. I dread to think how many times ye would have to multiply the average wage to get anywhere near the earnings of top players these days, hundreds probably.
In conclusion, I share the outrage of Finbarmuldoon but not sure I could refuse the shekels if offered.
I like the but a players has a short career
Really i wonder what you could do with just 5 years at 25000k a week, probably end up homeless. i mean how you meant to retire and live on 6.50000

I'm on 18,000 a year Anthony. I'm not overjoyed with a wee boy getting more than I get in one year than he gets in ONE WEEK. Celtic fan my arse. Give me the megaphone. HH

Have you been training for your career from 7 years of age

If KT didn't take the offer someone else would have done so why not him?
Why would KT decline?

You say you're in £18k a year If you were offered a job at £50k a year would you refuse it if people who really have nothing to do with you said you shouldn't?

KT has given 15 years of his life to the Club and given up a significant chunk of his childhood and striven to make the grade

Best of luck to the Bhoy and yes he's STILL a Bhoy no matter what what all the badmouthers and naysayers profess

HH?

I'm on 18,000 a year Anthony. I'm not overjoyed with a wee boy getting more than I get in one year than he gets in ONE WEEK. Celtic fan my arse. Give me the megaphone. HH
What should he do

reject the wage

give it back because someone older on a forum isn't happy he's earning more than him

what next

tell kids stick in at school but ffs don't choose to be a footballer cos if your good some club might come in and throw crazy money at you

ffs

Four years ago I went back tae work, not as an Electrical Engineer, but as Repo man, the guy I worked for gave me 5% of every car or boat I recovered. Then 2 yr ago bought mysel a flatbed truck with a hiab, trailer & got the necessary paper work, now I get the 20% or if guy I used tae work passes me a job he gets 5%.
The 5% I used to earn spurred me on tae better my income, just as KT has done, nowt wrong with it.

Members online

Latest posts

Back