‘Devastated’ Damien Duff opens up on Celtic exit

You’d have to ask why his family didn’t join him in Glasgow in his “dream job” at Celtic, footballers families get used to moving every 3-4 years for 15-20 years of their playing careers, chasing the money, you’d also have to ask if he’d still be here if his “other dream job” with ROI hadn’t became available, must think we’re all mugs......but we’ll carry on and simply plug in another coach to lay out the cones and collect the bibs.....

Not sure I agree BB. Theres a difference with taking your kids to england and moving them to Glasgow. Not sure I'd enjoy my kids being subjected to being called fenian bastards. Watching their dad be abused as he walked down the road.
One of the reasons I live down south is because my missus wouldnt even entertain the idea of coming north, why would she. I've been stabbed twice. Duff's missus would know exactly what he was walking into. Why would she move her kids into that situation.
We dont know what his family issues are. But he never fed us the feel good stories BR did. He got on with his job and, I believe, he lived his dream for a short period. Good luck Mr Duff 🍀🍀🍀🍀

Last edited:
Back