“God rest you Pat McCluskey” – Celtic tributes to our former player on his passing

I consider myself fortunate enough to have been able to call Pat my friend.
We have often heard the word Legend being used to describe a player but
Pat would not listen to people calling him a legend,I heard a guy one night describe Pat as being a legend in his own lifetime and because Pat was quiet I expected the remark to be the end of it,but Pat stood up and replied to the guy by saying he was humbled by being thought of in such high esteem,but although I dont consider myself to be any type of Legend I can tell you all here tonight I played with 10 Legends every time I pulled the hoops over my head..how fortunate was I.
Humble to the very last.
God bless Pat..

HH.
Lovely words, GS.

Thanks for this wee treasure, when some start to doubt this reminds me that when we achieved this the years leading to it they also doubted.

View attachment 10858
Thank you for that, Boab.

Daft as it sounds, I actually think the scale of this incredible achievement will only truly be understood years down the line.

We literally watched history being made.

Our Grandkids will be talking about this 50 years from now, God spares them.

Thank you for that, Boab.

Daft as it sounds, I actually think the scale of this incredible achievement will only truly be understood years down the line.

We literally watched history being made.

Our Grandkids will be talking about this 50 years from now, God spares them.
Aye what we witnessed seems to have escaped the media attention, funny that Matt, if the shoe had been on the other foot. HH we have been here before.

Back