10iar: Will the Board spend to ensure it, or revert to type and hope?

Theverdict1

Another blow to those still deluding themselves Sevco are going bust, next Wednesday is the new day I think, when they spend £4m on that prick Hagi.

We had a consensus of sorts that in January we needed another CB in case Julien got injured. I also would have liked to see another LB.

I still think both positions need strengthening.

Apart from that, depends on Eddy. If he goes we need another striker.

I just wonder how our board will respond to ensuring we do all we can. Listening to Lenny saying we might not need anybody was a worry. Why the fuck then were we told the new head scout is looking at 240 players? I know this could be Lenny not wanting to give anything away, but I don't understand why he doesn't say we will be bringing in additional quality. It sends out a message of intent. Although, we have heard that many times over the years, only to be flapping at 11 trying to get in duds.

This season we stand on the cusp of delivering us a life enhancing 10 and a hammer blow to Sevco. This week Res 12 was consigned to the bin and yet again our board looked at their shoes.

I am worried that cowardice and hesitation will see us going down the praying everything is fine route.

Imo we need to buy The Wa. Try and get Ely another year. Trying to get Eddy staying is a no brainer.

How do you think our board will play this? Guns blazing, or hoping it all works out lovely?

I don't trust them. I hope I'm wrong but leopards and spots springs to mind.

Another blow to those still deluding themselves Sevco are going bust, next Wednesday is the new day I think, when they spend £4m on that prick Hagi.

We had a consensus of sorts that in January we needed another CB in case Julien got injured. I also would have liked to see another LB.

I just wonder how our board will respond to ensuring we do all we can. Listening to Lenny saying we might not need anybody was a worry. Why the fuck then we're we told the new head scout us looking at 240 players? I know this could be Lenny not wanting to give anything away, but I don't understand why he doesn't say we will be bringing in additional quality. It sends out a message of intent. Although, we have heard that many times over the years only to be flapping at 11 trying to get in duds.

Thus season we stand in the cusp of delivering us a life enhancing 10 and a hammer blow to Sevco. This week Res 12 was consigned to the bin and yet again our board looked at their shoes.

I am worried that cowardice and hesitation will see us going down the praying everything is fine route.

Imo we need to buy The Wa. Try and get Ely another year. Trying to get Eddy staying is a no brainer.

How do you think our board will play this? Guns blazing or hoping it all works out lovely?

Do you really believe there will be many teams in a healthy shape to challenge. Most clubs will want to get security first and build a nest egg from it, should such an event like this occur again. if Celtic maintain this squad they will be a shoe in. Of course players will come and go but Celtic will be ahead in budget and forecasts to predict the outcome this achievement will bring both domestically and commercially. Celtic are on the verge of a worldwide achievement and the riches it brings.

Last edited:
Do you really believe there will be many teams in a healthy shape to challenge. Most clubs will want to get security first and build from a nest egg from it, should such an event like this occur again. if Celtic maintain this squad they will be a shoe in. Of course players will come and go but Celtic will be ahead in budget and forecasts to predict the outcome this achievement will bring both domestically and commercially. Celtic are on the verge of a worldwide achievement and the riches it brings.
That's not what I asked. That's a given. I'm asking will the board do everything they can to ensure it?

🤣🤣🤣 was thinking that myself ,interesting lenny said last night he didn't know how the transfer markets will sit due to the virus , so guessing when the epl restarts and june 10th passes we'll know where we stand ,,,,also where other clubs stand or fall

This is a time for no fucking about. We smash them next season, after they throw every penny their rich fans have at stopping and the bubble bursts leaving us clear to fuck them up for another decade at least. I hope we do. Obviously.

So TV1 please expand on where in Celtic football matters the Board of very fine gentlemen have gone wrong.
I am very pleased with our domestic performances maybe a little slack at times in Europe but nobody's perfect.
Bring it on ....
HH

One thing to me sums it up. They closed the gap. Had they not collapsed after Christmas things could have been sticky. How we allowed they tramps to do that worries me. It may not you, but complacency will halt us. They by themselves never will. Keeping the heel on their neck and putting more weight on that neck is the key.

I didn't think them beating us at home would decide it, as the performance we put in was the most pathetic and cowardly I have ever witnessed against those cunts.

Improving to ensure we fuck them raises our chances of qualifying for the CL. We aim to consistently qualify they are toast.

So TV1 please expand on where in Celtic football matters the Board of very fine gentlemen have gone wrong.
Good point, Lmcbhoy. Apparently, TV1 has missed out where we brought in players and won the league yet again, and since the club was prudent and didn't spend like drunken sailors on shore leave -- all the while gathering quality players that, teamed with the current ones, brought us 9 in a row -- we are in fantastic financial standing while other clubs may end up perishing.

Not only that, this current squad can easily bring home 10 in a row whenever they get started again.

So glad to see TV1 enjoying Celtic's victory.

I just wonder how our board will respond to ensuring we do all we can. Listening to Lenny saying we might not need anybody was a worry. Why the fuck then were we told the new head scout is looking at 240 players? I know this could be Lenny not wanting to give anything away, but I don't understand why he doesn't say we will be bringing in additional quality. It sends out a message of intent. Although, we have heard that many times over the years, only to be flapping at 11 trying to get in duds.

This season we stand on the cusp of delivering us a life enhancing 10 and a hammer blow to Sevco. This week Res 12 was consigned to the bin and yet again our board looked at their shoes.

How do you think our board will play this? Guns blazing, or hoping it all works out lovely?

personally I hope the current liquidity crisis gives celtic an edge to add value on pitch without blowing the budget off it.

time will tell.

But id rather the club spent wisely but with real value added on pitch than go mental and jeopardise future cashflow with unsustainable wage players.

I don't think we will spend at all. I think the board will try to keep who we have, but for the 1st time ever I agree with that. I dont think anyone in the league will strengthen. They will just try to survive. So what if the huns buy hagi, for 4 mill or whatever sum the media make up. Hes shite. And they will have to sell half their squad and replace that shite with even worse shite. We have a squad of players better than anyone in scotland. If we can keep this team together while everyone else falls apart we will stroll to 10 no problem.....watch out for the media and huns telling us next season that 10 is tainted cos everyone else lost their best players....that will somehow be our fault.

I don't think we will spend at all. I think the board will try to keep who we have, but for the 1st time ever I agree with that. I dont think anyone in the league will strengthen. They will just try to survive. So what if the huns buy hagi, for 4 mill or whatever sum the media make up. Hes shite. And they will have to sell half their squad and replace that shite with even worse shite. We have a squad of players better than anyone in scotland. If we can keep this team together while everyone else falls apart we will stroll to 10 no problem.....watch out for the media and huns telling us next season that 10 is tainted cos everyone else lost their best players....that will somehow be our fault.
Spot on Lubo! 🍺 🥳

The squads missed a huge chunk of games and are well rested were not ging into a campaign with only a 3 week rest and we have a fully fit squad of winners ,if we could by the 2 loanees ,not sell anybody and that was it .

I'd be more than happy with that Lenny will have plenty time to tweak the team in the close season and last years new players will be better bedded in

The squads missed a huge chunk of games and are well rested were not ging into a campaign with only a 3 week rest and we have a fully fit squad of winners ,if we could by the 2 loanees ,not sell anybody and that was it .

I'd be more than happy with that Lenny will have plenty time to tweak the team in the close season and last years new players will be better bedded in
Calmac will be lost!😂 at one time the highest playing player in the world.

Back