11 weeks and 4 days to Xmas

God i swear I'll swing for you Artur for the constant reminder of the pressure cooker some call xmas. A stressful time of year for very many due to the costs and nobody wants to let anybody down. I'm deadly serious. Parents are under sooooo much pressure these days to shower designer gear and the latest tech gadgets on their children.
Call me old fashioned and a grumpy bastard but in my day you genuinely were grateful for whatever you got. Even if it wasn't what you wished for. Now, people have to borrow and some never find a way to get out of debt.
Yes i still love the smiles i see from the young kids at Christmas.
Just wish it wasn't at any cost.
HH๐Ÿ€

God i swear I'll swing for you Artur for the constant reminder of the pressure cooker some call xmas. A stressful time of year for very many due to the costs and nobody wants to let anybody down. I'm deadly serious. Parents are under sooooo much pressure these days to shower designer gear and the latest tech gadgets on their children.
Call me old fashioned and a grumpy bastard but in my day you genuinely were grateful for whatever you got. Even if it wasn't what you wished for. Now, people have to borrow and some never find a way to get out of debt.
Yes i still love the smiles i see from the young kids at Christmas.
Just wish it wasn't at any cost.
HH๐Ÿ€
You're right Stevie its changed days now ,remember i was delighted if i got new football boots n a new mitre ๐Ÿ˜‚Ma best memory was gettin the new predators .

I had a neighbour a few years ago that used to spend more than a grand on Christmas presents for their 5 year old and they weren't well off people at all.
Boy was a wee prick as well, I'd have given him sod all, i tried to explain that to the parents but they didn't seem to agree with me. Fine spunk a grand on the wee arsehole see if I care! ๐Ÿ˜บ

I had a neighbour a few years ago that used to spend more than a grand on Christmas presents for their 5 year old and they weren't well off people at all.
Boy was a wee prick as well, I'd have given him sod all, i tried to explain that to the parents but they didn't seem to agree with me. Fine spunk a grand on the wee arsehole see if I care! ๐Ÿ˜บ

That's how wee arseholes become big arseholes, Hoopy.

Members online

Latest posts

Back