5% club

I have followed Celtic as man and Bhoy, I stood in the old jungle (as some of you did) watching the Lions and am thankful I was brought up in that era, it was a wonderful, yet much simpler time, there was a buzz about the toon every week, you had midweek games in Europe, and the League on Saturday (before they had games on Sunday)
I ran about with guys who supported Celtic, Morton, and a team that used be called Rangers, never any trouble between us, (the term 90 minute bigots was coined during that time) banter yes, but not the stuff you see in the streets these days.
Sure there was some trouble at times, at what was then Old Firm games, but for the most part we all got home safely, and went out together, for a drink on the Saturday night. The stuff I see going on with the youngsters nowadays, is shocking, and has no place in a modern society, there is no excuse for throwing anything at a football match, shout all you want, sing the songs, but at the end of the day, it's a game of fitba, and many times the fans show more passion than some players, but leave the hatred and violence out.
In my own case, I now give the Huns support no respect, you can see players signing for them, and they are quick to get in step with the brown brogues mob, I detest anything to do with them, and the marching season which other parts of the world simply cannot understand why it's allowed to go on
I have no time for anyone who follow follows their way of thinking
HH

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back