A Head scratcher

Celtic Ghostie

When they did it I was delighted that Celtic had captured Scott Allan.I didn't think it was one upmanship with the angry mob. I believed he would provide a missing element - that being the ability to provide a killer ball that could take out whole defences ( see the ball into our box that led to Hibs goal ). I watched his performance saturday energetic skilful and totally commited for the full 90 minutes and it made me wonder once again why he never got a chance at Celtic. Does anyone on the forum know why or will it forever remain a mystery ?? :confused::confused::confused:

Any time I saw him playing he was good on the ball or making runs but not so interested when opponents had the ball. Brown has been showing signs of a lack of mobility and certainly struggled with Allan, needing backup from Christie or McGregor. A fully dynamic central midfielder would easily deal with Allan

Some players can handle moving to a big club & handle the pressure, expectations that go with it. Unfortunately he couldn't & that was the reason imo, though I could be wrong.

☘COYBIG☘
How hard you work in training, gets you opportunities with the first team
Who knows, maybe his attitude wasn't right during the sessions
Big clubs don't waste time on players who 'think' they're world beaters, they have to prove it, on a daily basis
IMHO
HH

Wee Scott was a mystery to me, raised his game mostly when playing against us, but was bang average playing for us, is it because every half decent move he pulls off against us gets highlighted by the bigots with micophones and cameras, and when he does nada for 6months at a time he is ignored??? Probably, but hey ho playing for Celtic is to much for some.

Maybe he is the bechmark that kids should look to, you can have all the skills and still not have that wee added ingredient, commitment to keepthe jersey, desire to win every game and the hunger to succeed. Derek Riordan was of the same ilk and excuses were made re wee Strachan not liking him etc, TBF regardless he never really made it anywhere else to prove his theory, Ralston is the same a jersey was waiting to be filled in a problem area at Celtic and he failed every opportunity to take it. So 100% effort at least, regardless of your off day which is allowed, has to be given if you wish to keep the jersey

When they did it I was delighted that Celtic had captured Scott Allan.I didn't think it was one upmanship with the angry mob. I believed he would provide a missing element - that being the ability to provide a killer ball that could take out whole defences ( see the ball into our box that led to Hibs goal ). I watched his performance saturday energetic skilful and totally commited for the full 90 minutes and it made me wonder once again why he never got a chance at Celtic. Does anyone on the forum know why or will it forever remain a mystery ?? :confused::confused::confused:
Its the same as with Pukki, he just never shone whilst he was with us, that and he should play in the role Brown fills and theres yer answer.

Back