A' Jock Tamson's Bairns ?

Frank Owen

Sitting here with the gaffer's laptop and decided to check out The Noise before heading back from beautiful Bath, to even bonnier Scotland. My goodness ! The level of literary excellence leaves one feeling rather inadequate. Since it seems acceptable to immerse ourselves in our own concerns; and then bore the jacksie off you good people, is it ok if I continue in similar vein ?

At this rather advanced period in life's great journey, with the terminus approaching ever closer by the day, I felt a need for genealogical clarity: I decided to try my hand at piecing together the jigsaw that is otherwise know as the family tree . My reason for attempting this arduous, ( and very enjoyable ) task, is that I knew absolutely nothing of either set of grandparents. Nothing. Zilch ! I'll spare you the details, and just say that I'm at a fairly advanced stage, and so have a much better understanding as to how I came to be.

Couldn't just leave it there though; I became hungry for more. Yip, I did the DNA thing. The results are in !.............
Apparently I'm 67% Irish, 27% Scottish, and 6% bits and bobs. A confirmed mongrel. If I keep digging I'm sure to unearth a connection to Jock Tamson somewhere along the way.

Sitting here with the gaffer's laptop and decided to check out The Noise before heading back from beautiful Bath, to even bonnier Scotland. My goodness ! The level of literary excellence leaves one feeling rather inadequate. Since it seems acceptable to immerse ourselves in our own concerns; and then bore the jacksie off you good people, is it ok if I continue in similar vein ?

At this rather advanced period in life's great journey, with the terminus approaching ever closer by the day, I felt a need for genealogical clarity: I decided to try my hand at piecing together the jigsaw that is otherwise know as the family tree . My reason for attempting this arduous, ( and very enjoyable ) task, is that I knew absolutely nothing of either set of grandparents. Nothing. Zilch ! I'll spare you the details, and just say that I'm at a fairly advanced stage, and so have a much better understanding as to how I came to be.

Couldn't just leave it there though; I became hungry for more. Yip, I did the DNA thing. The results are in !.............
Apparently I'm 67% Irish, 27% Scottish, and 6% bits and bobs. A confirmed mongrel. If I keep digging I'm sure to unearth a connection to Jock Tamson somewhere along the way.
BTW they keep ur dna sample and sell it onwards to labs mate don't know if that would bother an elderley gent such as yourself.....as for family tree have u found any names of note as in had a hand in history some how??

BTW they keep ur dna sample and sell it onwards to labs mate don't know if that would bother an elderley gent such as yourself.....as for family tree have u found any names of note as in had a hand in history some how??
Nah, don't know why anybody would pay good money for info such as my DNA Cairnsy. As for being linked to someone of historical note ? Well, it would be sheer bliss if I was to find myself related to the greatest philosopher ever in the whole history of Govankind. Rab C ! All very normal common as muck .....so far.

Nah, don't know why anybody would pay good money for info such as my DNA Cairnsy. As for being linked to someone of historical note ? Well, it would be sheer bliss if I was to find myself related to the greatest philosopher ever in the whole history of Govankind. Rab C ! All very normal common as muck .....so far.
๐Ÿ˜‚nah I think labs just use it to mess about way viruses and shit like that mate growing wee bits of u in a dish then murdering you with some mad disease ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Is Bill Compo Owen any relation oor Frank
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

HH ๐Ÿ˜‚

Maybe the 6% has a bit of this 'Ken' guy's DNA somewhere in there,
you know the one the Ayrshire mob keep rambling on aboot

i've thought about that myself but my dad says the skeletons are better left buried ..
my maw once says if they tested my DNA they'd find 40% Tennents/ 50% Tenessee Burbon with the other 10% being bullshit

Members online

Latest posts

Back