R.I.P. YOSSER

"I'm desperate Dan", RIP Bernard

My first thought too when I think of ''Yosser ''.

For those too young to have seen it -
''The Boys from the Blackstuff '' was a brutal/funny dissection of life under Thatcher as she destroyed the UK's heavy industries .
Out of work Yosser Hughes is deep in debt , has no hope and goes to church . He goes into the confessional and tries to speak of his troubles to the young priest .
''I'm desperate, father !'' he says .
''Call me , Dan ! '' says the priest .
''I'm Desperate Dan !'' continues Yosser . This had me in stitches - although many of the scenes with Yosser were incredibly sad and , at times brutal .
Great actor -Much missed !

HH

Sad to see the actor Bernard Hill passed away.

Although he played many roles, his epic portrayal of Yosser Hughes in Boys from the Blackstuff will live long in the memory.

Geezajob.
Great actor Shammy he played that part so well as he did with all his roles.
He always seemed to be a decent man in his interviews.
But The black stuff and boys from the black stuff will be the defining work of a great actor
Shake 🙌
Bernard Hill final curtain 👏👏 RIP

HH🙏

A kin dae that... Geese a job... Go on... A kin dae that...

One of my fav TV lines of all time.. Desperately looking for work and would try anything... Could dae nuffin... Gaun yirsel Yosser, many a working man of that era could relate to his frustration of wanting to work but nothing was available..

Rip Bernard.
Ever remember the brick wall he built in one episode 🤣🤣🤣his wee weans labouring to him…🤣

Just read a young woman I first saw on Russell Howard’s show Kris Hallenga who was the boss of Coppa feel she was 23 diagnosed with Terminal Breast Cancer she was one of the most inspirational of Human beings. Her and her twin made there life’s work to get Woman and men to check for the signs of cancer. To her workers she was the boob in chief her other works were glitterturd.
She had a living funeral last year where the vicar of Dibley read her eulogy.
She passed away at the age of 38. Please try to find her on you tube with Russell Howard
She was and for me will always be a true inspiration.
RIP Kris at peace now 🙏
Condolences to all your workmates and to your Family.
Please folks check yourselves.
Sorry to jump on this thread Shammy just felt this was worth it
HH Kris Hallenga

HH🙏

Members online

Back