A Madeleine moment stretched over the next eleven seconds in Oporto

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
A Madeleine moment stretched over the next eleven seconds in Oporto...By SFTB, an absolutely outstanding read. It will give you guaranteed goosebumps unless you are a lurking zombie...

Awesome stuff ☘ I had the eyes welling up reading that. Remembering my own recollections of that night, goal and moment. I remember the commentary saying just moments before the goal in the build up something like " and now Larsson, how Celtic fans could do with something special from their talisman about now ' . What a fantastic moment in time, in a pretty otherwise forgettable match. Boavista had only themselves to blame, it would have been a travesty had they gone through, akin to the oldcos' "anti-football" (Lionel Messi) appearance in the final 5 years or so later. Great piece ☘

You sort of new something special was gonna happen that season in every round we showed no fear and played some exceptional football .

The Boa return game was infuriating to watch anti football at it's best ,was confident going into the game think nerves held us back more at parkhead ,but on the night it was only a matter of time

But what a wait ,it's better to score with minutes to go especially against teams who set up to stifle /park the bus it destroys hope and they have no idea what to do when they go behind

The semi also showed up Douglas's weakness and his flapping at cross's ,which came back to bitte us in the final but that's for another day throughout the european rounds though he pulled off some exceptional saves so can be forgiven

In all they were a team to be proud off and it was heartbreaking to go so close yet the scenes of Seville and memories of Celtic support on mass taking planes trains boats and automobiles to the final are up there with the best of them 🍀

Last edited by a moderator:
You sort of new something special was gonna happen that season in every roundwe showed no fear and played some exceptional football .

The Boa return game was infuriating to watch anti football at it's best ,was confident going into the game think nerves held us more back at parkhead ,but on the night it was only a matter of time

But what a wait ,it's better to score with minutes to go especially against teams who set up to stifle /park the bus it destroys hope and they have no idea what to do when they go behind

The semi also showed up Douglas's weakness and his flapping at cross's ,which came back to bitte us in the final but that's for another day throughout the european rounds though he pulled off some exceptional saves so can be forgiven

In all they were a team to be proud off and it was heartbreaking to go so close yet the scenes of Seville and memories of Celtic support on mass taking planes trains boats and automobiles to the final are up there with the best of them 🍀
Seville and memories of Celtic support on mass taking planes trains boats and automobiles to the final are up there with the best of them 🍀 [/QUOTE]
That was a record travelling away support ever seen I believe, and probably still is today.

Members online

Latest posts

Back