A pack of cards - The wee cat called "Malmo"

CarlisleReiver

Tuesday 8 May 2018 10:18, UK -

Rangers chairman Dave King warns Celtic 'will fold like a pack of cards'​

Did he have a point? Maybe to the 'panic and fear' in our support. The board have come under all sorts of criticism resent which has manifested due to results on the pitch. The issue with the board is the complete lack of planning and foresight. But even through covid I don't think the board have ever, ever put the club in jeopardy.

I even believe going into the 10 season, they did what Neil Lennon wanted, spent money and kept the big players (Didn't get Fraiser Foster) but it turned into a disaster. A disaster that happened has changed the club, Ange has been with modern clubs and has seen how complacent we are on and off the field. Which will take time to fix.

A pack of cards, then? I've never believed in it. Celtic as a club has extremely good foundations. We never had to borrow money off the government and I believe we still have cash in the bank (surplus).

King at Ranger's has spent, spent and spent to stop the 10. And credit where credit is due he did! But, has their success been built on real and stable foundations - we'll we will see how it pans out for them. Fergus McCann was always adamant that, 'Celtic won't do bad business deals". This doesn't mean the biscuit tin mentality just having good foundations etc.

On player signing, I hear all the time on blogs, " just pay the extra $500k (sorry no pound sign), this is crazy talk in my view. Why pay over the odds? There is millions of players out there to pick from. The english prem picks the best players in the world, but with 20 teams and 40player squads that's only 800 players, lets not get into a bidding war for players. Celtic in the football world has a huge budget, and we out spend our champions league qualification rivals. This tells me we are not punching above our weight, but well under- that lies firmly at our recruitment.

Back to King, and his pack of cards. We'll we shouldn't be looking at them, but at Europe and champions league qualification, that would slip stream us past ANY form of Rangers. But with their aging, bloated squad and massive debt, Malmo I feel has just knocked out a piece of their wobbly foundation tonight. If Celtic can win the league this year (and lets face it, it's going to be a massive battle) then it could be troubling waters over there as we start to use our financial advantage to gain us a 'football' advantage.

The wee cat called "Malmo"

Did he have a point? Maybe to the 'panic and fear' in our support. The board have come under all sorts of criticism resent which has manifested due to results on the pitch. The issue with the board is the complete lack of planning and foresight. But even through covid I don't think the board have ever, ever put the club in jeopardy.

I even believe going into the 10 season, they did what Neil Lennon wanted, spent money and kept the big players (Didn't get Fraiser Foster) but it turned into a disaster. A disaster that happened has changed the club, Ange has been with modern clubs and has seen how complacent we are on and off the field. Which will take time to fix.

A pack of cards, then? I've never believed in it. Celtic as a club has extremely good foundations. We never had to borrow money off the government and I believe we still have cash in the bank (surplus).

King at Ranger's has spent, spent and spent to stop the 10. And credit where credit is due he did! But, has their success been built on real and stable foundations - we'll we will see how it pans out for them. Fergus McCann was always adamant that, 'Celtic won't do bad business deals". This doesn't mean the biscuit tin mentality just having good foundations etc.

On player signing, I hear all the time on blogs, " just pay the extra $500k (sorry no pound sign), this is crazy talk in my view. Why pay over the odds? There is millions of players out there to pick from. The english prem picks the best players in the world, but with 20 teams and 40player squads that's only 800 players, lets not get into a bidding war for players. Celtic in the football world has a huge budget, and we out spend our champions league qualification rivals. This tells me we are not punching above our weight, but well under- that lies firmly at our recruitment.

Back to King, and his pack of cards. We'll we shouldn't be looking at them, but at Europe and champions league qualification, that would slip stream us past ANY form of Rangers. But with their aging, bloated squad and massive debt, Malmo I feel has just knocked out a piece of their wobbly foundation tonight. If Celtic can win the league this year (and lets face it, it's going to be a massive battle) then it could be troubling waters over there as we start to use our financial advantage to gain us a 'football' advantage.

The most realistic and accurate post I've read for quite some time CR. The failure of sevco to qualify for the group stages opens up all sorts of possibilities, of that there can be no doubt. However, we as a club simply have to concentrate on our own business. As you say, it's gonna be one massive battle. Hold on tight for the rollercoaster ride.

What are the chances of big Dave getting the £5m loan he gave sevco repaid on time +£0.4m interest,slim to absolutely no chance sounds about right.. HH.

I've never really had a hangover where you couldn't keep the smile off my face but..
I'm settling down now for a wee BBC podcast from last night, knowing that the panel are all cheerleaders and will be sick as feck.
It was nice to see the banter back for us, it's been a long while.
I'll look forward to Clyde tonight and pray the wee Orc is on it.

As an aside, it's went full circle in a week, shows how quick things can change in football on the back of a disastrous week for them and a couple of performances from us.

We will be bringing in players and the chances are IF anyone is interested in their players, then they will have to sell.

But the one thing we've all knew for certain is that they lot are nowhere near the levels many considered. It will be an interesting season ahead.

I've never really had a hangover where you couldn't keep the smile off my face but..
I'm settling down now for a wee BBC podcast from last night, knowing that the panel are all cheerleaders and will be sick as feck.

As an aside, it's went full circle in a week, shows how quick things can change in football on the back of a disastrous week for them and a couple of performances from us.

We will be bringing in players and the chances are IF anyone is interested in their players, then they will have to sell.

But the one thing we've all knew for certain is that they lot are nowhere near the levels many considered. It will be an interesting season ahead.
Fuckers, they've made the podcast 11 minutes :mad:

I might even tune in to radio synde myself, should be a real hoot🤣

crap 18 20 pence issued a st.atement about ticketing the press running with it ,

Take it is a cover story as they oversold there stadium last night with crowds in the aisles and folk shitting in other Season ticket holders seats ,if the uefa delegate was from Linfield then there fine but if not that;s a fine heading there way

What King forgot to realise was that a pack of cards may collapse but you pick them up, shuffle the pack and rebuild.

We will rebuild and come out of this far stronger than his 9 year old club

Back