Aberdeen Appeal Cosgrove Red Card

Oh dear!....Next thing the compliance officer will site Ajer for simulation

It was both feet of the ground and as rash as a hun in the clap clinic, but I'm no convinced that it was as malicious as it looked.

If it was one of our Bhoys, I'd be inclined to appeal too.

Shocking effort at a tackle though!

Two feet aff the ground flying in at high speed. I think that tackle was meant to injure the Viking. Cosgrove has previous, Broony at the sheep pen and KT in the Cup Final. No doubt in my mind that the tackle was loaded with malice.
I wouldn't have liked to have thought so, Rich. Mainly because I quite like what he can do and wouldn't have shed too many tears if we were to sign him as a different option.

I might have been looking at it through green-tinted bifocals.

It was both feet of the ground and as rash as a hun in the clap clinic, but I'm no convinced that it was as malicious as it looked.

If it was one of our Bhoys, I'd be inclined to appeal too.

Shocking effort at a tackle though!

The only problem i have is Ayer is not going anywhere and you would know if you made the tackle and won the ball cleanly you would be giving away a throw in and advantage to Celtic to slow it down, so he knows on the angle before committing Ayer is not setting up an attack as he is not yet turned, so why fly in at speed, as an attacker you would be looking to gain an advantage by hemming in Ayer and limiting options by staying on your feet.
You would have achieved this based on the speed of the challenge in real time and he would have reached the playe, also by staying on his feet, he left the ground with a second trailing leg also off the ground that will certainly catch an opponent and cause potential damage.

McInness stated also NL sid it was not a red and that Ayer was winking and nodding to his player, this is heresay after an event which we can only base on his word and he never witnessed winking and nodding; we have been here before with the Shay Logan crap regards the racist slur allegedly made years ago, based on what McInnes heard from his player and then said to the media as fact and not what Scott Brown said to the media regards there was no comment made from his player.

McInness has been a good manager for Aberdeen but is a sore loser and looks to deflect if its available.

Oh dear!....Next thing the compliance officer will site Ajer for simulation

As long as she then goes after Cosgrove for simulation as well for the times he threw himself to the ground (OK dived) on Saturday! Mind you, as this would hurt both Celtic & Aberdeen, then she may well do this.

From what I heard at the weekend from a relative who is very highly placed in a non-league team, this compliance officer is desperate to make a name for themselves so be very very wary of her!!!

The only problem i have is Ayer is not going anywhere and you would know if you made the tackle and won the ball cleanly you would be giving away a throw in and advantage to Celtic to slow it down, so he knows on the angle before committing Ayer is not setting up an attack as he is not yet turned, so why fly in at speed, as an attacker you would be looking to gain an advantage by hemming in Ayer and limiting options by staying on your feet.
You would have achieved this based on the speed of the challenge in real time and he would have reached the playe, also by staying on his feet, he left the ground with a second trailing leg also off the ground that will certainly catch an opponent and cause potential damage.

McInness stated also NL sid it was not a red and that Ayer was winking and nodding to his player, this is heresay after an event which we can only base on his word and he never witnessed winking and nodding; we have been here before with the Shay Logan crap regards the racist slur allegedly made years ago, based on what McInnes heard from his player and then said to the media as fact and not what Scott Brown said to the media regards there was no comment made from his player.

McInness has been a good manager for Aberdeen but is a sore loser and looks to deflect if its available.
Yeah, I get a bit concerned when a player/managers word is taken as gospel.

We had a similar situation with Tonev, when an opposing player (and it might even have been Logan) suggested that he had used a racial slur!

Without any compelling evidence, Tonev received a ban and a kicking from the press.

Don't get me wrong, if he did say these things - then hell mend him, but it strikes me as pretty strange that a decision was made without anything other than one player's allegation.

We know Milne (and Mcinnes) likely have an agenda, or an ulterior motive - but this deliberate misinterpretation of nothing very much, is just another feeble attempt at playing to hun media.

100% red card and as you say 100% might not do anything about it, but, 100% below they are talking about the huns in this document when they are talking about the SFA and FFP and licences been given out when payables were owed and not been paid.

View attachment 6107
Very interesting Boab, can't wait for the statement and the forensic investigation,from the intrepid journalists in smsm!!!!!

Keevins blaming idiotic behaviour as been a social issue, if journalists would tell the truth and stop pandering to the blue pound, If you tell lies in the media openely and blatanly, then why would you expect the public to behave morally, just be honest without showing favour or fear to one club who has banned the media because it does not fit their narrative, therein lies the problem. The media are supposed to present the truth and expose the wrongdoers, thus if they do the wrongs and are knowing to be then you cannot preach to the masses what you do not preach, cognitive dissonance.

Keevins blaming idiotic behaviour as been a social issue, if journalists would tell the truth and stop pandering to the blue pound, If you tell lies in the media openely and blatanly, then why would you expect the public to behave morally, just be honest without showing favour or fear to one club who has banned the media because it does not fit their narrative, therein lies the problem. The media are supposed to present the truth and expose the wrongdoers, thus if they do the wrongs and are knowing to be then you cannot preach to the masses what you do not preach, cognitive dissonance.
But they were the victims mate, off scot free, kept the trophies, got a secret agreement, and have ran new club into the ground.

Wont somebody just give them a break.

The intention was to make his mark, the follow through took Ajers legs out
No way was Cosgrove allowing him to move the ball up field, a two footed lunge, studs up, it's a red card all day
Let the zombies whine
The SFA will probably rescind the red, to give him a yellow, but that doesn't change the fact he got sent off for a good reason

Yeah, I get a bit concerned when a player/managers word is taken as gospel.

We had a similar situation with Tonev, when an opposing player (and it might even have been Logan) suggested that he had used a racial slur!

Without any compelling evidence, Tonev received a ban and a kicking from the press.

Don't get me wrong, if he did say these things - then hell mend him, but it strikes me as pretty strange that a decision was made without anything other than one player's allegation.

We know Milne (and Mcinnes) likely have an agenda, or an ulterior motive - but this deliberate misinterpretation of nothing very much, is just another feeble attempt at playing to hun media.

On the balance of probability eh?

Could only be applied to a Celtic player.....totally unbelievable

The intention was to make his mark, the follow through took Ajers legs out
No way was Cosgrove allowing him to move the ball up field, a two footed lunge, studs up, it's a red card all day
Let the zombies whine
The SFA will probably rescind the red, to give him a yellow, but that doesn't change the fact he got sent off for a good reason

If Cosgrove gets off then it’s open season on Celtic players.....that will be the message sent.....Porteous at Hibs got a straight red for a robust tackle on a Hun just the other day and not a word in defence of the tackle.....both tackles were reds.....yet only one in dispute.....why???

Members online

Latest posts

Back