Aberdeen players test positive for COVID-19

Just curious because I'm not in Scotland. What rules did Aberdeen players break? Pubs were open before the second lockdown? I thought anyone could go. Are there separate rules for footballers?

Football players have been told specifically by the FM that they must contain themselves within the 'bubble' of the club they play for. That doesn't mean going team handed to the boozers.

I agree with everyone on here that they should be made to forfeit the game as it's the club's responsibility to make sure their employees adhere to the rules.

Spot on, we'd be nailed for this. and as usual the league bottled it. Should have called the game off on safety grounds, instead we needed government intervention for some common sense. Good to see they learned lessons from the huns friendly with Dundee Utd. Not fit for purpose (y)
Aberdeen have 36 players registered with the SPFL for season 2020-21. Due to the utter stupidity of some ignorant players, 8 are ruled out as a direct consequence of them breaking the rules. But that still leaves up to 28 or so players for them to choose from in order to fulfill their fixtures.

Therefore I'd say they should be going ahead with the games as scheduled. Games should only be postponed if several players become ill or need to self-isolate due to circumstances beyond their control despite them adhering to the rules.

Aberdeen have 36 players registered with the SPFL for season 2020-21. Due to the utter stupidity of some ignorant players, 8 are ruled out as a direct consequence of them breaking the rules. But that still leaves up to 28 or so players for them to choose from in order to fulfill their fixtures.

Therefore I'd say they should be going ahead with the games as scheduled. Games should only be postponed if several players become ill or need to self-isolate due to circumstances beyond their control despite them adhering to the rules.
Valid points and I'm sure the SFA with all their " resources " failed to place rules in place to deal with this scenario and make rules clear. Nothing changes.

Are there separate rules for footballers?
I'd be willing to bet there are, contractually speaking, especially since clubs don't want injuries from extracurricular activities to prevent players from playing. There may not be anything COVID-specific, but seriously, even if you could go out and party, prudence dictates you probably shouldn't.

Also, activity restrictions for athletes, contractually, are pretty common here in the US. For example, former SF Giants pitcher Barry Zito had in his contract that he couldn't surf while he was on the Giants' payroll. During a slump, fans chanted, "Let Barry surf!" in and effort to help him break out of it.

I'd be willing to bet there are, contractually speaking, especially since clubs don't want injuries from extracurricular activities to prevent them from playing. There may not be anything COVID-specific, but seriously, even if you could go out and party, prudence dictates you probably shouldn't.

Also, activity restrictions for athletes, contractually, are pretty common here in the US. For example, former SF Giants pitcher Barry Zito had in his contract that he couldn't surf while he was on the Giants' payroll. During a slump, fans chanted, "Let Barry surf!" in and effort to help him break out of it.
Larry they were in a pub, pubs in city centre you order drinks brought to table using app, they were freely mixing with others, would have been a shitehole with make up on.

Football players have been told specifically by the FM that they must contain themselves within the 'bubble' of the club they play for. That doesn't mean going team handed to the boozers.

I agree with everyone on here that they should be made to forfeit the game as it's the club's responsibility to make sure their employees adhere to the rules.
NS ,gave football the chance to return,!!!!,as long as common sense prevailed ,to TRY and bring back some normality to life , this is just a boot in the baws ,now is the chance for the football authorities to excert their ‘authority’,doubt it !!!!hh

It's the travelling risk from what Sturgeon said. No point, however minimal, having a 5 mile travel zone in aberdeen and letting players travel to Perth, then expecting the rest of the City to adhere. Plus it send out a message from parliament to football for zero tolerance. They are basically saying house in order or we shut you down, Any chance of fans in grounds in September now? Cheers idiots. 2 weeks in and the players at Aberdeen blew it.

In any league in the world the team that couldn't control their players would be hammered. Aberdeen should be made to play the match with whatever team they can put together and if they can't they should be made to forfeit the match....the huns got away with it and now the sheep are getting away with it....i almost want celtic players to get caught up in a covid scandal....just to see how forgiving the SFA and media would be.

In any league in the world the team that couldn't control their players would be hammered. Aberdeen should be made to play the match with whatever team they can put together and if they can't they should be made to forfeit the match....the huns got away with it and now the sheep are getting away with it....i almost want celtic players to get caught up in a covid scandal....just to see how forgiving the SFA and media would be.
Untitled.jpg

Back