A'hm no depressed but I want tae huv a poll

Celtic Ghostie

What hurts the most ?
1. We were beaten by the better team ?
2. We always wait for seventy minutes to change things ? ( Hing oan Stevie he'll Make his subs soon and we can alter our formation to suit )
3. The manager thought we were unlucky ??**!! ** /!**?
4. We were out thought tactically ? ( By a fucking country mile )

Me ? Thought the their tactics were excellent today.Our players never shat it, they were brilliantly denied the space to turn and run at a creaky defence Flood the midfield ( how many times have I said I feel sorry for Broony and Calmac - Swamped) and starve our front four of service. So obvious that you think we'll haul off the wingers and go 4-4-2 with N'tcham and Biton or Rogic on the 20 minute mark to alter the momentum of the game which was all with the huns,but not only do we persist for the first 45 ,we start the feckin 2nd half without change ??
Today was not a disaster but it fucking will be if the manager and staff don't learn the lesson from today .which you would have hoped they would do after the cup final. - Rant over hail hail !! :confused::confused::confused:

Not so much out thought.

We had no game plan other than hope they make a rash pass across back.

If we had tactics they were absolutely useless.

Boli aint got the stomach for a graft or he is just not good enough. Never seen a Celtic player just kick and hope so often.

Wee Frimpong got overawed by the noise I think coupled with a AWOL Forrest, not sure if he was told to run away from the ball or that was just him with a hangover?

Calmac abandoned midfield to play as a second left back, either too far wide or forward when we needed support to control middle which isolated Christie and Eddy without anything to use even if they were in good positions.

We can't pass ball straight and fast at same time over more than 30 yards.

yet our forwards were always 40 yards from the ball waiting for the imaginary midfield to step in where |Calmac refused to be.

Brown for all his hard work gifts ball away so often under press, which means Ajer needs to be Central defence and fill in for missing Central midfielder?

Wherever the ball was they had 3 players at least within 20 yards of it.

We were usually at least 40 yards from guy with the ball, so he often went backwards who just hoofed it hoping the non existent target man won ball.

Boli for me got to go.

Not got a football brain or brawn- speed is nice but useless if you cant pass it straight.

Was our formation 4 1 5 today??

Long. balls with no real high ball winners in team

Our goal was a fluke.

Our defence was like butter

If moonbeam could strike ball better he would scored at least a hatrick

Big Julien looking more like Julien Clary last few weeks, sometimes the wind blows him over.

I had hoped recent performances were just taking foot off gas against weaker teams

But I suspect we need new midfield and proper left back and proper option up front.

We need some hard bar stewards in team, we seem to have too many scared unimpressive weaklings at the moment.

Just had to give you a thumbs up on that wan. Remember, we've been spoilt for 7yrs. That mob has got stronger under Gerrard. So now, at last, we hiv a challenge. The board and Neil - ball's now in their court. 8yrs of building this up. If year 9 doesnae happen...........
We're tap of the league. Happy New Year!!
Sorted 2020

Just had to give you a thumbs up on that wan. Remember, we've been spoilt for 7yrs. That mob has got stronger under Gerrard. So now, at last, we hiv a challenge. The board and Neil - ball's now in their court. 8yrs of building this up. If year 9 doesnae happen...........
We're tap of the league. Happy New Year!!
Sorted 2020
Exactly, We are top o the league. The Bumholios have won nowt and will win nowt. I have no doubt our troops will rise to the challenge and seal the nine. It was the same this time last year..they are coming for us...Bring it on then ya Union Jack bumholios by shite out of bum. COYBIG

Not so much out thought.

Boli aint got the stomach for a graft or he is just not good enough. Never seen a Celtic player just kick and hope so often.

Wee Frimpong got overawed by the noise I think coupled with a AWOL Forrest, not sure if he was told to run away from the ball or that was just him with a hangover?

Calmac abandoned midfield to play as a second left back, either too far wide or forward when we needed support to control middle which isolated Christie and Eddy without anything to use even if they were in good positions.

yet our forwards were always 40 yards from the ball waiting for the imaginary midfield to step in where |Calmac refused to be.

Brown for all his hard work gifts ball away so often under press, which means Ajer needs to be Central defence and fill in for missing Central midfielder?

We were usually at least 40 yards from guy with the ball, so he often went backwards who just hoofed it hoping the non existent target man won ball.

Boli for me got to go.

Not got a football brain or brawn- speed is nice but useless if you cant pass it straight.

Our goal was a fluke.

Big Julien looking more like Julien Clary last few weeks, sometimes the wind blows him over.

I had hoped recent performances were just taking foot off gas against weaker teams

But I suspect we need new midfield and proper left back and proper option up front.

We need some hard bar stewards in team, we seem to have too many scared unimpressive weaklings at the moment.
Some good points there TET but i thought big Jullien had a decent game and if it wasnt for Davis on the line he wouldve had a couple of goals aswell.Calmac not anywhere near the worst on that park either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so much out thought.

Boli for me got to go.

Our goal was a fluke.

Best summing up I've read...

Not sure any of them got pass marks but Forrest did 100% manage to run inside and away from the ball when anyone in green and white came towards him - if this was tactical it was a shambles. Too many wee players out there getting roughed up and lets face it there was not a lot of protection from Clancy for Frimpong. However, when Rangers with ex-Aberdeen and Dundee no marks bossing our midfield then we have a problem. Elyounoussie can't get back fast enough and El hammed too.

Worst thing for me was it looked like the huns wanted it more than us. Compared to them I believe we have more talent, more quality, more skill but today some of our players cared less than theirs and for a Celtic team to care less than them at Celtic Park bothers me, everyone of those players should have been giving it everything today, instead some of them gave nothing.

Worst thing for me was it looked like the huns wanted it more than us. Compared to them I believe we have more talent, more quality, more skill but today some of our players cared less than theirs and for a Celtic team to care less than them at Celtic Park bothers me, everyone of those players should have been giving it everything today, instead some of them gave nothing.
If only the players, had the same passion for the fight, that the fans in the stands have, the results would be different
They will always flood the middle of the park against us, we need to make adjustments when things aren't going our way, earlier in games

Agree with most of comments on here Forres has been hiding for weeks. SHRED must be really poor or not rated to get a chance. Johnston needs to fill out as too slight too really be a danger Boli never ever be a left back poor touch possessional sense poor we need players not afraid too do dirty work and mix we never won one second ball today just disappointing we never turned up need to play Griff and eddy up front Taylor left back Rogic must get game time as only player willing to run at defences. Balance all wrong today But we will still win the league heads up YNWA

Agree with most of comments on here Forres has been hiding for weeks. SHRED must be really poor or not rated to get a chance. Johnston needs to fill out as too slight too really be a danger Boli never ever be a left back poor touch possessional sense poor we need players not afraid too do dirty work and mix we never won one second ball today just disappointing we never turned up need to play Griff and eddy up front Taylor left back Rogic must get game time as only player willing to run at defences. Balance all wrong today But we will still win the league heads up YNWA
Talking about heads up when was the last time we had a player score with a header from a cross in open play they have scored 11 so far this season. You are right that Griff needs more game time and not 5 or10 minutes at the end of most games. If Lennon does not trust him then get him out on loan to geet his confidence back.

Came back up the road hurting from watching that shambles and yes I did drink myself into oblivion. Lennon could see what was wrong but left it too late . Griffiths should have been on in the 60 min mark . I hate slagging Celtic players but Bolingoli had a nightmare . I will go and forget about football for the next two weeks and come back ready for the rest of the season. At half time friend next to me said now it's time for Lennon to earn his money he didn't. Happy New year to everyone and keep the faith .

Back