Aidy Boothroyd

UlyssesGunt

Watching England demolish Czech Rep , and knowing that Aidy Boothroyd has been with the U21 and youth teams for 5 years , does anyone think he might be a good option , considering the quality of some of the youngsters out there tonight , he must have a huge portfolio on the up and coming talent .
Also , even though he had huge qualities when at Watford , went slightly downhill afterwards, he reckons he is 10 x the coach he was in ‘14 .

49 yrs old with bundles of experience. We might be his ideal team at the moment

Just a thought from outside the box ..

Watching England demolish Czech Rep , and knowing that Aidy Boothroyd has been with the U21 and youth teams for 5 years , does anyone think he might be a good option , considering the quality of some of the youngsters out there tonight , he must have a huge portfolio on the up and coming talent .
Also , even though he had huge qualities when at Watford , went slightly downhill afterwards, he reckons he is 10 x the coach he was in ‘14 .

It's a decent enough shout, UG, and no doubt he's established a decent contact book among the English clubs.

The only issue I have is that Celtic are a huge club with huge demands and I think a lot of people down south underestimate the scale and magnitude of the job.

Much as I liked Ronny as a person, the club was far too big for him and some coaches are better suited to working with restrictions.

Aidy Boothroyd may well be in the same bracket and was it not the case that he had to take a complete break from football due to the pressure?

As much as coaching ability, a Celtic manager has got to have mental fortitude too.

Lenny is on record regarding his own fight with a recognised mental illness, but he has the advantage of being steeped in our tradition and coveted among our fans. Aidy Boothroyd has a 'safe place' to work with England and may not be comfortable with the media glare and intensity of Glasgow.

It's a decent enough shout, UG, and no doubt he's established a decent contact book among the English clubs.

The only issue I have is that Celtic are a huge club with huge demands and I think a lot of people down south underestimate the scale and magnitude of the job.

Much as I liked Ronny as a person, the club was far too big for him and some coaches are better suited to working with restrictions.

Aidy Boothroyd may well be in the same bracket and was it not the case that he had to take a complete break from football due to the pressure?

As much as coaching ability, a Celtic manager has got to have mental fortitude too.

Lenny is on record regarding his own fight with a recognised mental illness, but he has the advantage of being steeped in our tradition and coveted among our fans. Aidy Boothroyd has a 'safe place' to work with England and may not be comfortable with the media glare and intensity of Glasgow.
Totally agree with you on the pressure aspect , and quite possible the psychological security infrastructure that might be in place at a coaching facility such as the English National side ..which may in turn be a reason for his untrumpeted success .. and also might not be available here ,
He would no doubt be manipulated by the Whordes , and SMSM . Any of our future managers / management team must have this kind of support as a backing

Just a thought ..

whit aboot Bielsa fae Leeds,Hic, jist sayin......
Leeds are inconsistent, but they're the most entertaining team to watch in England, MD.

That's hard for me to say, as I don't particularly like Leeds, but they play at a 100 mph for 90 mins and even when they're honking, they're still fun to watch.

Bielsa is a bit of a unique character though, MD. Might be a bit much for the hacks up here to handle.

Leeds are inconsistent, but they're the most entertaining team to watch in England, MD.

That's hard for me to say, as I don't particularly like Leeds, but they play at a 100 mph for 90 mins and even when they're honking, they're still fun to watch.

Bielsa is a bit of a unique character though, MD. Might be a bit much for the hacks up here to handle.
that's it SP,he does'nt give a phuq what people think! he's single minded,driven and a perfectionist,he also improves players and what a great girfuy tae leeds!!!!!!

Totally agree with you on the pressure aspect , and quite possible the psychological security infrastructure that might be in place at a coaching facility such as the English National side ..which may in turn be a reason for his untrumpeted success .. and also might not be available here ,
He would no doubt be manipulated by the Whordes , and SMSM . Any of our future managers / management team must have this kind of support as a backing

Just a thought ..
Dont think the pressure would be a prob in the public eye constantly and capable of making decisions is Betty.
index.jpg

Got me thinking about Chris Coleman there....

His nickname is Mowgli. We've got the Jungle and the Good Book.

They've got the Baloo Bears. The SFA are the snakes and Alky McClueless is King Louie.

Throw in Keevins and BFDJ as a pair of pricks, sorry.......prickly pear, then we've got the makings of a decent pantomime this year.

Got me thinking about Chris Coleman there....

His nickname is Mowgli. We've got the Jungle and the Good Book.

They've got the Baloo Bears. The SFA are the snakes and Alky McClueless is King Louie.

Throw in Keevins and BFDJ as a pair of pricks, sorry.......prickly pear, then we've got the makings of a decent pantomime this year.
"he's behind ye", "naw he's no", "oh aye he is"... hic geeza stella ffs!o_O

Good shout ??

About England, reading the other day the most fantastic story of how slippy G will be on a shortlist of options to replace Southgate when he goes. Really??? Wtf the absolute garbage in the press ,it's away with the fairies. How does this even work ? an unqualified, unsuccessful spfl manager who doesnt meet the criteria for a gig in England's leagues (not got the required badges yet) is on a shortlist for England ? Right you are , up there with any of the bizzare nonsense I've heard all season

Members online

Latest posts

Back