Andros Townsend

Winter

Whilst I'm aware that we are connected with every player, manager , DOF and their grannies and this could be clickbait. Andros Townsend imo would really set the SPL alight he is so skillful and has a really great cross on him as well. Hes 29 approaching his better years not so long ago he was regularly motm for England. Hes apparently or allegedly said he would be open to the idea of a move to paradise and being a free agent I'd love to see him at CP. I see comparisons with scotty Sinclair in this and I for one hope this move happens , wages could be a problem of course but you get what you pay for. Thoughts noisers?

Whilst I'm aware that we are connected with every player, manager , DOF and their grannies and this could be clickbait. Andros Townsend imo would really set the SPL alight he is so skillful and has a really great cross on him as well. Hes 29 approaching his better years not so long ago he was regularly motm for England. Hes apparently or allegedly said he would be open to the idea of a move to paradise and being a free agent I'd love to see him at CP. I see comparisons with scotty Sinclair in this and I for one hope this move happens , wages could be a problem of course but you get what you pay for. Thoughts noisers?
I think it has already been closed down. The new manager at Crystal Palace wants to resign him so he will not have to relocate his family and earn more money staying with them. He could have done us a job because when he is fit and on form he is a wonderful player, but too often he has just been adequate which is not good enough for us if he is a top earner.

Last edited:
I think it has alteady been closed down. The new manager at Crystal Palace wants to resign him so he will not have to relocate his family and earn more money staying with them. He could have dine us a job because when he is fit and on form he is a wonderful player, but too often he has just been adequate which is not good enough for us if he is a top earner.
Thanks for destroying my Hope's in a paragraph BB šŸ˜•

Still he may be sick of relegation battles year in year out and we may be the only club who can offer him champions league fitba' hopefully this is the case hes not short of dosh but he will be thinking that his abilities havent returned the silverware his abilities merit šŸ¤žšŸ» on this one HH

IMHO, this is not the type of player we should be signing. Guys like this are used to massive EPL wages. Ok it's a none starter but we've seen many signings like this over the years.
I've always rated Townsend and he always played brilliant for England. I was surprised that spurs let him go though I understand it was his decision to go get regular playing time at Newcastle who were relegated so he went to palace. I'd love a player of that calibre at Celtic but like you say wages could be a problem. Hopefully McKay will " surprise and delight " us and sign him up he would tear a new one for SPL sides I've no doubt. HH

He could Come to Celtic, Rent out his house in London for mega bucks therefore getting two incomes a better standard of work /life balance ,become a legend what more could he ask for
Agree with all of that but he could ask for 40k pwk extra and stay where he is. Hopefully he has ambition

Open to a move to Paradise or Ibrox he said not just Celtic

ā€œIā€™m open to everything,ā€ Townsend said when asked about a potential move to Ibrox or Parkhead.

ā€œIf thereā€™s an option that presents itself and itā€™s the best one for me and fulfils my needs, I wouldnā€™t turn it down just because itā€™s in another country.ā€

Open to a move to Paradise or Ibrox he said not just Celtic

ā€œIā€™m open to everything,ā€ Townsend said when asked about a potential move to Ibrox or Parkhead.

ā€œIf thereā€™s an option that presents itself and itā€™s the best one for me and fulfils my needs, I wouldnā€™t turn it down just because itā€™s in another country.ā€
Just using the possibility of joining Celtic as a chip to FF his contract talks. With espirito Santos said to be joining palace he wants signed up. Outside of London would represent another country for him. Still rate him highly. I suspect we will see and hear more of this kind of situation in the months to come , players using the possibility of a Celtic move to get their contracts ironed out HH

I think it has already been closed down. The new manager at Crystal Palace wants to resign him so he will not have to relocate his family and earn more money staying with them. He could have done us a job because when he is fit and on form he is a wonderful player, but too often he has just been adequate which is not good enough for us if he is a top earner.
They don't have a new manager

Lowest wage I seen him listed as having was Ā£58k pw. Being a free agent he will be looking to increase or at least match it.
Ive no doubt he would give us or anyone a go but have a closer look at his comment.

ā€œIf thereā€™s an option that presents itself and itā€™s the best one for me and fulfils my needs, I wouldnā€™t turn it down"

Whiff of mercenary about it anyone?

Keep in mind most of our players are on 10-20k. Even if eddie said he would sign on again we would offer about 35k, he would have sell on value as well.

This move might be ATs last big contract. Cant see him taking a 1.3M per year pay cut to come to a club he has no affinity with.

Its always a risk bringing in high earners. Even loan ones where we pay only a fraction of the wages.
Minute they drop in form and loose thier place it must start the cogs turning.
If your playing in a team earning X amount and your keeping a guy thats on several times your wage out of the first 11.
First thought must be Im better than this chump why cant I be on better money?

There are plenty of leagues that have good players that fall within our structure.

For the rebuild I would be extremely cautious about bringing in players that could rock the boat because of thier earnings.

Its an extra hassle I'd gladly do without.

Members online

Latest posts

Back