Angus Gunn - SNT

TheGreatOne

With Craig Gordon now out of action due to his leg break, it is being reported that Norwich goal keeper Angus Gunn is ready to switch his allegiance to Scotland and accept a call up from Steve Clarke.

We’ve not been blessed with many up and coming keepers since McGregor, Gordon & Marshall so it was always a wonder who might make the step in with Gordon’s injury.

This is the 26yr olds career to date:

1672995764374.png

With Craig Gordon now out of action due to his leg break, it is being reported that Norwich goal keeper Angus Gunn is ready to switch his allegiance to Scotland and accept a call up from Steve Clarke.

We’ve not been blessed with many up and coming keepers since McGregor, Gordon & Marshall so it was always a wonder who might make the step in with Gordon’s injury.

This is the 26yr olds career to date:

View attachment 21490
I've put my coat on to say this, so you have been warned!

He's no much of a goal scorer, is he?

I remember his dad Bryan Gunn who started at Aberdeen before moving to become a Norwich legend (when Norwich were doing well in the EPL & Europe) and ending up at Hibs. He got a few caps for Scotland but I think he was in dozens of squads. His young daughter died of leukemia and Bryan raised a lot of money for their charity - including shaving his head.

There was high hopes for Angus when he was young but he hasn't quite gotten there yet.

I'd imagine being the son of such a proud Scot means he has a lot of allegiance to Scotland despite being English born & bred.

Back