Another Legend gone

So sad, missed the news. Most dramatic World Cup game of all time that 1982 Italy-Brazil 3-2.

Drove me demented as a kid screaming on Brazil, but Rossi emerged that game like some sort of defiant superhero, snatching every chance he got. A true titan-killing Italian legend. Deserved his life of worship for the feat of that game alone.

I never got over that marvellous Brazil side getitng put out; it was almost the ultimate crime against football.

But was thrilled to see Italy go on and win it all in their own swashbuckling way, against type and early group form. And they created their own mythical moments too - the Tardelli 'scream' in the final; still the greatest-ever goal celebration; the sheer unbridled emotion summed up everything great about football.

Thanks and RIP, Paolo Rossi, a real-life iconic Roy Of The Rovers.

So sad, missed the news. Most dramatic World Cup game of all time that 1982 Italy-Brazil 3-2.

Drove me demented as a kid screaming on Brazil, but Rossi emerged that game like some sort of defiant superhero, snatching every chance he got. A true titan-killing Italian legend. Deserved his life of worship for the feat of that game alone.

I never got over that marvellous Brazil side getitng put out; it was almost the ultimate crime against football.

But was thrilled to see Italy go on and win it all in their own swashbuckling way, against type and early group form. And they created their own mythical moments too - the Tardelli 'scream' in the final; still the greatest-ever goal celebration; the sheer unbridled emotion summed up everything great about football.

RIP Paulo,but Tardelli's celebration.....WOW! never forget that! 🍺 🥳

Indeed Sandman, one of the great moments in football. I was 16 yo 4 days later, remember so well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back