Best Goalie of 21st Century?

Who has been our best goalie (not your favourite) of 21st Century?

• Jonathan Gould

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rab Douglas

• David Marshall

• Scott Bain

• Total voters

Bridie Bhoy

As Joe Hart's career draws to a close, who do you think has been Celtic's best goalie so far this century? He doesn't necessarily need to be your favourite goalie, but the one you think did best for us?

Personally, I think we have enjoyed 4 of our best goalies ever, during the last 15 years. Plus Gould surprised us all by doing so well for us, Douglas contributed to a run to Seville (unfairly maligned?), a very young Marshall came in from nowhere to help us get an incredible result against a brilliant Barca and even Bain would have set a shut-out record if it wasn't for the cheating Motherwell twats who scored when we were standing waiting for the ball to be returned in Brendan’s last game first time round.

FFS, for what Craig Gordon went through in his early career, coming into a Celtic team that ended up part of our wonderful history.

Not Forgetting a very close 1st our own mad mental Polish feinjun, he fuckin hated them. Sure he got into trouble when Southampton reserve goalie, he was seen on TV Megaphone in hand leading a chant wae the Legia fans in Thursday night game in Euro Lge, when he should huv been resting for a game, Aye, the flag incident when at Ibrox in the Hoops.

But Gordon for me, just

Last edited:
Holy Goalie for me, just over CG, then FF for the HunCup Final and the Barca win, then Joe.

Spartak moscow penalty shoot-out for the CL qualification, the Man U spot kick save, Broony-levels of Hun antagoniser-in-chief, not to forget he was at peak international form too while with us; iirc he defied the Germans to win MOTM in a Euro/WC tourney as Polish keeper. Gloriously mad bastard, almost the stereotypical superstar goalie.

Holy Goalie for me, just over CG, then FF for the HunCup Final and the Barca win, then Joe.

Spartak moscow penalty shoot-out for the CL qualification, the Man U spot kick save, Broony-levels of Hun antagoniser-in-chief, not to forget he was at peak international form too while with us; iirc he defied the Germans to win MOTM in a Euro/WC tourney as Polish keeper. Gloriously mad bastard, almost the stereotypical superstar goalie.
You missed the Dundee United shootout at hampden,boruc penalty was top corner,đź’Ą

I had to go for FF. Artur was an incredible keeper with a huge personality who made some great saves. Aye, he was a bit nuts but he gave us that penalty save against Man U.

Craig Gordon made a hell of a comeback after being written off by everyone to be a brilliant goalie for us. He tended to be fantastic consistently at a high level for most matches. He deserved to win a few medals late on to show for his great career.

Joe is a huge personality who enjoyed an Indian summer at Celtic. I thought his performances had started to tail off slightly earlier in the season, but he had so many marvellous games in the last few weeks when it really mattered.

Forster was magnificent for us in both spells. Obviously the highlight first time round was the night the greatest club in the world beat the greatest team in the world on our 125th birthday. The Barca players were blown away by him that night.

But the League Cup final winning match against sevco (in 2019?) Was the greatest goalkeeping performance I have ever had the pleasure of watching by a Celt. Of course, I wouldn't base my decision on just individual games but I genuinely think Fraser edges it ahead of some truly marvellous goalies.

Whoever we bring in as Hart's replacement has some hard acts to follow. How long before Forster is linked yet again with a return to the east end of Glasgow?

Joe Hart.....just because!!!

But seriously, big FF and Boruc may have been better shot stoppers than Hart but what he has brought to the team in terms of leadership is unmatched, on that list.

I'll go as far to say that without Hart in our goal this season, we aren't lifting that trophy today.

Of all the goalkeepers on the list, I believe Hart will be the hardest to replace.

Back