Another striker

So my main worry is what if the hun slayer gets injured?Can we rely on Bayo and Griff?Really think we need a proven goalscorer in January but who could we sign?Thoughts?

I commented during the transfer window that I would've liked to see another striker come in as Griff was dealing with his off field issues and Bayo probably wasn't quite ready to step into Eddy's boots but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Think we'll probably see one signed in January but I reckon it'll be a relative unknown, a young up and coming striker in the same mould as Eddy and Moussa but a bit ahead of Bayo in terms of development.

Anyone but
FreddoFrog-300x300.jpg

It will be hard to find a proven goalscorer for 2 reasons.
1. Trying to convince any striker to come as a back-up player is hard enough...but to be back-up to one of Europe's up and coming french stars would be a hard sell.
2. Proven goalscorers cost money....and I'd imagine peter will believe hes spent enough already....

They were talking about it on Clyde tonight, Bayo isn't really doing it for me yet, he's certainly not ready to be a long term replacement should Eddy get injured. It was mentioned that The Griff might be back in training later this week (don't know how true that is) I don't see anyone in Scotland up to the job, Cosgrove, Shankland, Ikpe, ikpaz, IKEA, that boy from Herz. So either someone from further a field or Sinclair, he was suggested on Clyde, to be fair as a short term replacement for Eddy I think he might be better than Bayo, he knows how to score.

I commented during the transfer window that I would've liked to see another striker come in as Griff was dealing with his off field issues and Bayo probably wasn't quite ready to step into Eddy's boots but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Think we'll probably see one signed in January but I reckon it'll be a relative unknown, a young up and coming striker in the same mould as Eddy and Moussa but a bit ahead of Bayo in terms of development.
That would do me Andy👍

They were talking about it on Clyde tonight, Bayo isn't really doing it for me yet, he's certainly not ready to be a long term replacement should Eddy get injured. It was mentioned that The Griff might be back in training later this week (don't know how true that is) I don't see anyone in Scotland up to the job, Cosgrove, Shankland, Ikpe, ikpaz, IKEA, that boy from Herz. So either someone from further a field or Sinclair, he was suggested on Clyde, to be fair as a short term replacement for Eddy I think he might be better than Bayo, he knows how to score.
Agree with you on all the players you mentioned there,none good enough for Celtic in my opinion.

Johnny Russel has just been mentioned in videocelts tonight as a recruitment in January..
Griff is back on the grass now,resumes full training on Monday..
The international break is coming up soon so that will give us a well deserved break to get the injury,s down.
We also have Afolabi to come into the squad when he is fit,and Bayo when he is fit..
4 strikers,can anybody see Lawwell paying good money for another striker to park his arse on the bench,,..
HH

That would do me Andy👍

Aye me tae KA.

Lubo is spot on with his comment above, proven goal scorers cost money and it's a hard sell asking any established player to play second fiddle to Eddy so I think it's probably our best chance at securing a good quality striker without a massive outlay.

With the experience we've added elsewhere in the team we can afford to accommodate a hungry young striker looking to prove himself.

HH KA (y)

Last edited:
Aye me tae KA.

Lubo is spot on with his comment above, proven goal scorers cost money and it's a hard sell asking any established player to play second fiddle to Eddy so I think it's probably our best chance at securing a good quality striker without a massive outlay.

With the experience we've added elsewhere in the team we can afford to accommodate a hungry young striker looking to prove himself.

HH KA (y)
Maybe bring them in on loan same as we done with Eddy ,see how they get on with an option to buy further down the line.Would rather buy younger players rather going down the hun route of buying pensioners 😀 HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back