Armenia v Ireland

Just watched this game, poor show by the boys in green. Looking at that performance and Scotland during the week we are in for an absolute howler when these two get together next Saturday.
Suffered the same misery TTQ.
The Republic still remains a total embarrassment within international football.
Just a team full of players not worthy of being classed as international football players, but hardly helped with having a manager with only league of Ireland experience.
We remain a joke outfit without any ideas or quality about being able to break a defensive back line down.
If Scotland can't run rings around us after watching that shite, then Steve Clark should be standing behind Stephen Kenny in the job queue

Just a team full of players not worthy of being classed as international football players, but hardly helped with having a manager with only league of Ireland experience.
We remain a joke outfit without any ideas or quality about being able to break a defensive back line down.
If Scotland can't run rings around us after watching that shite, then Steve Clark should be standing behind Stephen Kenny in the job queue
We're a small country and many of our top athletes prefer to play GAA. The likes of Peter Canavan and Gooch Cooper could well have been top soccer players; look at Kevin Moran and Steve Staunton. I don't mind that we're shite as a nation at soccer if it doesn't detract from our National Game.

Both teams seem to suffer from a defensive approach. Understandable against top teams, in fact probably no choice against such teams. But against Armenia, Ukraine it is just baffling

We're a small country and many of our top athletes prefer to play GAA. The likes of Peter Canavan and Gooch Cooper could well have been top soccer players; look at Kevin Moran and Steve Staunton. I don't mind that we're shite as a nation at soccer if it doesn't detract from our National Game.

Soccer might remain the poor relations compared to the GAA within Ireland, but still doesn't take away the level of interest the game still holds for many including myself.
Expectations from the national team still remains very low, but a better return in performance should still be expected still imo.
Any team are capable of having a poor performance but on the regular timing we as a country are producing them at the comes a time when change is desperately needed, that time is now imo, and the same principle applies for any county team within the GAA circles also.

Soccer might remain the poor relations compared to the GAA within Ireland, but still doesn't take away the level of interest the game still holds for many including myself.
Expectations from the national team still remains very low, but a better return in performance should still be expected still imo.
Any team are capable of having a poor performance but on the regular timing we as a country are producing them at the comes a time when change is desperately needed, that time is now imo, and the same principle applies for any county team within the GAA circles also.
There seems to be more dynamism and regeneration in the GAA than in soccer. Derry, Kerry and Armagh are current examples. Dublin appear to be a county in transition but I wouldn't rule the hoors out by any means. The strength of the GAA will always be at the local level of club and county with the National Board being mostly administrative. The centralised nature of the FAI lends itself to corruption and Ireland is the norm rather than the exception. Consider the strength of Celtic compared to the SFA but the SFA have all the power and Scotland suffers as a nation due to their corruption, incompetence and cronyism; sounds a lot like Merrion Square. On a global scale FIFA have been proven to be corrupt too so where would you even start.

Just watched this game, poor show by the boys in green. Looking at that performance and Scotland during the week we are in for an absolute howler when these two get together next Saturday.

Don't think Ireland will be as up for the game as Ukraine team were, though 1-0 lose mibbie hav them fired up. Hopefully Scotland will get 3pts against Armenia, set it.up nicely for next Saturday. Only worry we've got(Mrs & I) if our flight to Dublin on Friday gets cancelled.

There seems to be more dynamism and regeneration in the GAA than in soccer. Derry, Kerry and Armagh are current examples. Dublin appear to be a county in transition but I wouldn't rule the hoors out by any means. The strength of the GAA will always be at the local level of club and county with the National Board being mostly administrative. The centralised nature of the FAI lends itself to corruption and Ireland is the norm rather than the exception. Consider the strength of Celtic compared to the SFA but the SFA have all the power and Scotland suffers as a nation due to their corruption, incompetence and cronyism; sounds a lot like Merrion Square. On a global scale FIFA have been proven to be corrupt too so where would you even start.
Where there is huge sums of money involved then there is corruption of some sort involved, and that includes sport these days and plenty rife enough within the GAA also.
Most of us supporters will tend to try and overlook that within sport due to the love and interest the sport can bring about.
On the game itself, haven't got an issue with Kenny going for a 343 formation as it's becoming more popular these days.
However, I don't understand why go with full back defenders as your wide midfield players in a game you would expect to dominant possession of the football, total lack of imagination or creativity to break a defensive line down imo.
Play with 3 up front without any wide men who look comfortable out wide and without to much ability to cause any problems for the defence either.
Maybe there is some logic to it all but failing to see it myself.
These are the decisions for a manager to make and when you pass the ball endlessly to create very little and the results go against you, then the buck remains at the manager's door.
If Ireland have any intention of getting back to being competitive within international football then a change with a more respective manager is desperately required urgently imo.

Don't think Ireland will be as up for the game as Ukraine team were, though 1-0 lose mibbie hav them fired up. Hopefully Scotland will get 3pts against Armenia, set it.up nicely for next Saturday. Only worry we've got(Mrs & I) if our flight to Dublin on Friday gets cancelled.
I hope you’re right. Certainly v Ukraine was probably different. Some of the football though was awful. Good luck for the flights 👍

Where there is huge sums of money involved then there is corruption of some sort involved, and that includes sport these days and plenty rife enough within the GAA also.
Most of us supporters will tend to try and overlook that within sport due to the love and interest the sport can bring about.
On the game itself, haven't got an issue with Kenny going for a 343 formation as it's becoming more popular these days.
However, I don't understand why go with full back defenders as your wide midfield players in a game you would expect to dominant possession of the football, total lack of imagination or creativity to break a defensive line down imo.
Play with 3 up front without any wide men who look comfortable out wide and without to much ability to cause any problems for the defence either.
Maybe there is some logic to it all but failing to see it myself.
These are the decisions for a manager to make and when you pass the ball endlessly to create very little and the results go against you, then the buck remains at the manager's door.
If Ireland have any intention of getting back to being competitive within international football then a change with a more respective manager is desperately required urgently imo.
I was in a few Dublin grounds in the 90's at important late season games and a cup semi final and the atmosphere and craic were great; especially as winning opposition in Dalymount. So I get that it's similar to the GAA because it's dependent on people putting their time in on the local level, mostly voluntarily. Quick google shows the FAI got €millions in 2020, some due to covid; didn't see anything about 2021-2 but I'd expect they're still getting a significant stipend from FIFA. Is there transparent auditing of expenditure publicly available?

I was in a few Dublin grounds in the 90's at important late season games and a cup semi final and the atmosphere and craic were great; especially as winning opposition in Dalymount. So I get that it's similar to the GAA because it's dependent on people putting their time in on the local level, mostly voluntarily. Quick google shows the FAI got €millions in 2020, some due to covid; didn't see anything about 2021-2 but I'd expect they're still getting a significant stipend from FIFA. Is there transparent auditing of expenditure publicly available?
Haven't a clue 26 but the FAI imo are like brothers in arms with the Scottish FA, and only real question is who are the worst?

Haven't a clue 26 but the FAI imo are like brothers in arms with the Scottish FA, and only real question is who are the worst?
Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it. JL....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back